X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best Urinals In The World

(Seen at The R Bar, Brighton)

Excellent. A bar in Aberdeen got into trouble in the early 90s for putting video screens of Rangers matches into their urinals so that their punters could have the pleasure of pissing all over Mark Hateley, Ally McCoist et al.

Comment

A bar in Whistler, BC has ice in the urinals, so every thundering pee is 'on the rocks'.

Comment

The ones in George Michael's "Outside" video are the daddy, of course.

Comment

Not strictly urinals but the facilities in Cafe Korb in Vienna are worth a detour

Comment

Superb lateral thinking at Schipol.

Comment

Andy, you forgot to add the URL...

Comment

Dangnabbit. Fixed now.

Comment

The World Cup edition

Comment

I like the multi-user, long trough-style urinals in the old bathrooms on the ground level at Beaver Stadium at Penn State. You can really move a lot of people through those, which is why there's never a line at the Men's but always a long line at the Womens.

I've heard of that fake fly thing before. Works really well.

Comment

I hate troughs. I get pee shy when I'm pressed right up against another guy.

Comment

Yeah, I can't be doing with slashing with someone right next to me.
                        I have the shyest bladder in the world.

Comment

I often wonder how I'd have fared in those community poop rooms like they had in Pompeii. I can't imagine that was a high point in the history of privacy and discretion, though.

Comment

The urinals at Gigg Lane are the worst place in the world.

Comment

Meanwhile, over the border in the cultural oasis that is Codnor, they have a different approach…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/8290093.stm

Comment

The toilets on the Mersey ferry have lovely tiles and solid, solid washbasins. The toilets on the pier in Rothesay are beautiful. A pleasure to pish there.

Comment

robbietancred wrote:
                                  The toilets on the Mersey ferry have lovely tiles and solid, solid washbasins.
                                  This lav's a place you love and here you'll spray?

Comment

very good.

Comment

EIM wrote:
                                      The urinals at Gigg Lane are the worst place in the world.
                                      The one in the old away end at Elm Park were the worst I've experienced at a sports stadium.
                                      Especially the semi-closed ones, with some sort of congealed green substance cultivating itself in the exposed troughs. The smell was not too healthy either.

In Europe, the ones in mid-1990's Albanian bars had to be seen to be believed. Though the concept of a urinal or bowl had that point, not yet arrived.

Comment

The ones at Wigan Central Park took some beating.

Comment

Layer Road. I have a feeling the 'urinal' was a corrugated iron wall.

Comment

The pub we stopped in the Lake District yesterday had a little plaque on the front door stating their toilets were listed by English Heritage. The men's were rather standard but the ladies one were very nice according to my wife...

Comment

Thinking about it, the ones in the Prinny Lou in Holborn were quite cool; wrought iron (I think) and you stand on a grate over the urinal.

Comment

I remember going in some London pub where the loos were in their original Victorian decor - and condition, it seemed! They were beautiful - all white and green tiling (of course) and matching slabs of stone, IIRC. It was also the only place where I've seen the little brass 'supports' intact and fulfilling their original function: holding the (mint condition) slightly angled glass panel that prevents splashback onto your shoes and lower trouser-legs. It was only when I saw this pristine toilet that I realised the purpose of those little brass supports, though I'd seen them in several other places, in various states of breakage.

The thing is, I can't remember exactly where this toilet was! I think it may have been at The Union Chapel, in Islington, but on the other I've got this nagging feeling it was in a pub somewhere. Does it ring any bells for anyone here? (It's not the Princess Louise - I've just looked at that online.)

(edit: Spooky synchronicity, Crusoe!)

Comment

-

From this page.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X