Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Undiginified actions you refuse to perform...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...but that others seem to engage in with apparent relish, manifestly unaware of how ridiculous it makes them look.

1. Moving around the office on your castor-wheeled chair using your feet as a means of propulsion.

If I want to move from one desk to another I'll stand up, push my chair to the desired location and then sit back down on it. I'm a grown adult and I don't extract the faintest amount of enjoyment from scuttling around like I'm in a baby walker.

Show some dignity, people.

Miserable bastard. I can judge the push off and spin so I arrive at another desk facing the right way perfectly. Very satisfying.

Comment

Yes...I would do it.

Comment

1) Walking and texting while grinning like a moron at the phone.

2) Brushing one's hair in the car in the morning. In fact, any manner of grooming or personal hygiene beyond blowing one's nose into a tissue.

Comment

Tactical Genius to thread...

Comment

I do that chair-walking thing I must admit, and I am always aware in the back of my mind that I must look faintly ridiculous as I'm doing it. It's easier and more fun than standing up, though.

Comment

Yeah, what kind of person doesn't do that? Next you'll be telling me you don't go supermarket trolley-surfing when you're in an empty aisle.

Comment

I once had a perfect Norman Wisdom moment doing some chair-walking, when I failed to spot the chunky network cable in my path, which was taped to the floor.

Comment

I'm a chair walker too, although my current job doesn't give me much chance, as I'm meant to tell the kids off if they do it. My last job was great for it though, as it combined very mobile chairs with shiny laminate flooring, so that you could get from one end of the office to the other in a single push.

Comment

I also like to Davros about the place, but find I hang on to my dignity by going "wheeee!" from time to time.

Comment

I too partake in office swivel-chair propulsion, and in the depot out the back we ride the pallet trucks like scooters.

Comment

Working...
                      X