Traditions that should be revived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having spent some time at the Oktoberfest recently, I learned that the position of the knot on the apron of a dirndl signifies the woman's status.

So, left-hand side is single, right is married (or attached) and if it's at the back, she's a widow.

And I was thinking, Christ, that would have saved me a lot of effort in my efforts of trying to chat up women.

What other traditions should be brought back to make our lives easier?

Although it wouldn't affect my life one way or the other, I feel that spot checks should once again be carried out on a regular basis to ensure that all hackney carriages have a bale of hay in their luggage compartment "in order to satiate the hunger pangs of the horse".

Comment

I think we should get back to drowning Witches. They're getting out of hand.

Comment

St Monday should be brought back. The Industrial Revolution was a real kick in the nutz for slackers.

Comment

EIM wrote:
          Funnily enough, witchcraft is really big among former tennis players. Including Goran. Even 'e's a witch.

(Possibly my favourite gag ever from OTF Gold.)

Comment

Why on Earth... wrote:
            EIM wrote:
            Funnily enough, witchcraft is really big among former tennis players. Including Goran. Even 'e's a witch.

(Possibly my favourite gag ever from OTF Gold.)
            One of my favourite Tim Vine jokes.

Comment

Working...
            X