The Sun Supports The Tories: Official.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just announced on Radio 5.....the game is afoot.

Cunts are cunts, Murdoch turns whichever way the wind is blowing, pope shits in woods.

Comment

I'm just wondering if The Sun is as relevant as it was in 1992.

Comment

Toro: Count On It wrote:
        pope shits in woods.
        Well if he did, it would surely knock Cameron off the front page!

And in answer to DSS, probably yes, sadly.

Recently it was found a disproportionate no. of immigrants to Britain relied on this paper for their 'news'.
        Though whether they can/will vote is another matter, I suppose.

Comment

I think I prefer it this way. At least you know where you stand.

Comment

DSS's point is a good one. Newspapers have a less central role in the political debate of the country than they did in 1992, not that this role has been diminished by anything that much more enlightened (a proliferation of speakyourbrains web comment).

The Sun can't really claim that it's them wot won it next year though, can they?

But this does merely confirm that the Tories will do Murdoch's bidding in office, as ever. Bad news for the BBC, among others.

Comment

But this does merely confirm that the Tories will do Murdoch's bidding in office, as ever. Bad news for the BBC, among others.

I don't know, the Beeb held its own when the Tories and the press were against it at the time when both had more explicitly poisonous attitudes than they do now. The worry is that the BBC currently seems to be led by vacillating milquetoasts who'd fuss and bother about every little incident that comes their way and may not have the backbone to stand their ground against the cunts.

Comment

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
                I think I prefer it this way. At least you know where you stand.
                Yeah, that's kind of how I feel too. If you're on the same side as Murdoch that's a worry.

In other insufferable prick news, the Evening Standard have switched to all anti-Gordon Brown newsboards. Then paper may not have a huge circulation, but those boards fucked Ken good and proper.

Comment

I would prefer it if Labour had started this anti-Murdoch/Sun rhetoric before the Sun had made this decision.

Comment

Let's see what Newsarse has to say on the matter

(Possibly NSFW due to some minor swears)

Comment

See, I've read the Sun every morning for about 20 years. And apart from a week in 1997, where it supported Blair just to be on the winning team, it's been blatantly Tory all the time. They've even moved Kelley (22, from Bromley)'s tits to page 7 and put Gordon Brown on Page 3. If that won't get Labour fans to support Conservatives, what will?

Comment

apart from a week in 1997, where it supported Blair just to be on the winning team, it's been blatantly Tory all the time.
                        Well, the Sun's supported Noo Labour in each of the last 3 general elections (remember the Howard is a Vampire front page?), but I think I can see exactly what you're saying, there.

Comment

Nice, if predictable, gesture by Tony Woodley earlier.

Comment

Any ideas on what lies they're going to throw at Woodley? I imagine that they've got journos grubbing round his family/friends/neighbourhood/union now. Any WSC journos do this kind of thing?

Comment

pebblethefish wrote:
                              See, I've read the Sun every morning for about 20 years.
                              Really? It usually only takes me about ten minutes or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X