Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much of an utter craphead is ...

.. Sílvio Berlusconi?

It's no news, I know, but the bloke is just off the rails now.

This is a reprise of this, and is deeply offensive. More offensive still is the reaction in the room to his latest comments: grins, chortles, applause.

(To be linked).

Now that he's estranged from his wife, the plan to turn his Sardinian villa in to a modern day replica of Tiberius's grotto can go ahead unhindered.

Comment

Ethical question for you lot:

In just under 12 months, I become eligible for Italian citizenship. And, of course, the Italian parliament reserves seats for overseas Italians. Which means I get the vote.

Now ordinarily I wouldn't dream of voting in this situation. I want citizenship primarily for work reasons, not because I wish to become a member of the Italian polity. It would be presumptuous of me to think that with my immense ignorance of the country that I should have any say in the way that they run their affairs.

But this man is evidently an asshole. In the name of all humanity, he needs to be removed from office. In this case, would I be wrong to exercise my right to vote?

Comment

No. Vote the hell out of that shit. You're perfectly entitled to, why not?

Comment

To hell with the niceties of democratic action, how's about assassinating the fucker?

Comment

I think that might ruin my chances of citizenship, though.

Comment

You'll just have to take one for the team, AG.

Comment

Go ahead and vote, Gramsci.

You already know that the overseas results are the first to be fiddled with.

Comment

By all means necessary, AG. Do it.

Comment

Utilitariansm is kicking the shit out of communitarianism on this thread. So be it. When's my next opportunity to vote, Ursus? It's not for a couple of years, is it?

Comment

Non-resident rightwingers influence elections all over the place, AG. So why shouldn't you? Vote against the bastard and persuade others to do likewise.

Comment

Working...
                      X