Busy doing nothing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busy doing nothing...

oh and EIM, I presume you reject the EDT as well? I know they've been mucking around with it.

or the Half Moon?

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

Not only do I reject it, I treat it with the disdain it deserves.

Not been to the Railway Telegraph.

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

The Magdala? Is that still there? Now I think of it the Dog and the Half Moon were where I always went as a schoolchild so maybe they're still full of schoolchildren.

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

Fuck me, that's the worst of the lot (it isn't, but for the purposes of this post, it is).

Though there's a laundrette over the road that I sometimes hang about outside of, just because it smells ace.

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

hehe yeah I know.

They tell me the Plough's been refurbished. this may not mean it' been improved of course.

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

Ermm, the Plough is ok, I suppose. But I just find a lot of the people who live around here intensely irritating. And as such, when I'm in a pub full of them, I can't fucking bear it.

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

Fair point...

I just checked and the crowd outside the Louise isn't very daunting. Maybe I can scrape together £1.99 from change at the bottom of my bag and lurking in desk drawers.

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

(edit: oh dear ... that's what comes from posting blind!)

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

I ended up at The Plough playing Scrabble. It was ok.

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

today, in my work, I realised that travel scrabble et al, is overpriced in Sainsburys by 67%. £2 in Asda, £2.25 in Tesco, and £ £3 in Asda.

Sorry, as you were. Its what I do for a living.

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

Why is it overpriced in Sainsburys? Why is it not under-priced in ASDA?

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

edit for £3 in Sainsburys, sorry.

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

because they they (honestly) ar trying to aim at people who already have scrabble... true.

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

I'm salmon pink, and merrily pissed, and halfway through a paranoid world conspiracy novel written by somebody called something like "Johnny Twelve Eagles".

Life's a good 'un.
                              There you go. My head's not just a hatstand, you know.

You should keep a daytime drinker's diary and get back to us with your results. What am I doing? He's not on here, is he?

I tell you what has done for me. Pubs accepting cards for pretty much any amount. If I started that sort of mularkey in Rogin's situation, it would be Lost Week Central

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

I went home and did the ironing and the washing up and then tried with limited success to avoid a row and really I'd have been better off even in the manky local pub.

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

I got home at 10pm, had a tepid microwave dinner, and went to bed to get up ready for work again this morning. It's a fun-packed rollercoaster!

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

It's still sunny. I'm now halfway through my (frankly ridiculously plotted, but endearingly page-turning) paranoid world conspiracy novel, and I have passed through the "fucking hell, look at that stupid pink pommy bastard" stage of sunburn to progress to "bronzed Adonis". Except I'm probably more Maradona than Adonis, and I'll start peeling by the weekend, but never mind.

Lancashire plus brilliant sunshine plus large beer garden plus affordable cider. I think I'd actually have paid for the guarantee of a holiday this relaxing.

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

I think I may join you Rogin (in spirit). Its 24C here, and I am not going to work today (much as I automatically work when I walk into any bar, AND, can charge it to tax)

I fancy getting pissed... whats yours?

As long as I dont have to listen to fucking Dead Pop Stars yet again! (on a loop... I may have to bottle my PC)

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

I am playing a gig tonight so I will have my gigging suit on which, as it happens is my newly-redefined drinking suit (it used to be my work-suit).

I will play exactly 30 minutes of gastro-pub rock and then stand outside collecting the plaudits, jeers from the cars going past and drinking.

I had to rehearse on Tuesday when it was gorgeous weather and I had just put the old BBQ through its pre-season training. I can't think of anything worse on a summer's evening than being in a rehearsal room with a load of sweaty smelly blokes.

I am thinking of imposing a close-season on "rocking like a mother fucker" unless it is at outdoor festivals

Comment

Busy doing nothing...

My doing nothing kicked in today. It's fine, but I must get a computer out in the garden or something. Oh, and I'm cooking tonight, so I can't get too pissed...

Comment

Working...
                                          X