September timewaster - Google Monopoly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This real world MMO Monopoly game is going live tomorrow. It sounds like it could be fairly fun from this description, although it's hard to tell. I'm assuming it's free to play. Anybody else fancy giving it a go?

Sounds intriguing. I have some questions that I'm sure will be answered...is everyone playing on the same map, or can you set up a group and limit the size? I mean, if it's one big free-for-all on the same map, tons of people are going to be rushing in to buy the prestigious streets.

Perhaps I can buy the street I live on now, put up an apartment building where I live, and charge too high a rent and never answer my tenants' complaints.

Comment

Just going on the descriptions, it sounds like everyone (or at least a very large number of players) is on the same map. Scarcity seems to be the point. Also, it sounds like rents are fixed (based on location and property type?).

Comment

I hate Monopoly. Why can't it be a game of worldwide Settlers?

Comment

So, looks like they weren't prepared for the interest they've gotten...site won't load, and the trending topic "Monopoly City" on Twitter is all posts bitching about their website. Not a good start.

Comment

Mumpo, there are quite a few MMO webgames that are (loosely) similar to Settlers. Nile Online, for instance. Soren Johnson's latest project might be up your street - keep an eye on it, or try the beta.

Comment

Working...
            X