Please make sound come on my television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our new digital telly plays some AVI files fine, through the media browser, but others have no sound. Why is the sound missing, and how do I get it back?

Probably the wrong codec. AVI is just a wrapper, so the actual audio can coded be in any number of ways. You should be able to re-encode the files into something that it can play.

Comment

Check the media browser has up to date firmware. My media player was shit out of the box but once I updated the firmware it played almost everything I threw at it. Eh, assuming TV media browsers have firmware, I'm not technically savvy enough to know if they do.

Comment

Mumpo, if you give me the model number, I can probably look up what the media player's specs are and figure out precisely what you need to do.

Comment

That's very kind of you. It's a Finlux 32FLD850U(C1). Good luck - finlux.com doesn't even seem to exist.

Comment

The specs say the media browser can play these formats: MPEG layer 1/2/3 , XviD version 1.1.2, MPEG4 (.avi), OGG Vorbis. Seems like converting wholesale to MP4 would be your easiest bet, or you could extract, convert (to AAC or OGG, for instance) and reinsert the audio stream without touching the video.

Comment

Working...
            X