Copyright advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copyright advice needed

A couple of years ago I supplied a photograph for a website to use as their banner on the homepage.

I revoked my permission for the photo to be used after receiving abusive e-mails from the webmaster for reasons I still trying to fathom. I have asked for the photo to be removed or to receive an annual fee (£50, seemed reasonable) for its use. So far neither has happened. What next steps can I threaten the blighter with?

Copyright advice needed

Small claims court

Comment

Copyright advice needed

Not much I'd have thought.

Did you give permission in writing? If so, you could send him a solicitor's letter (which would cost you money of course).

If he ignores it, you'd have to take him to court. But is it really worth it for a single photo?

Comment

Copyright advice needed

brian potter wrote:
        I revoked my permission for the photo to be used after receiving abusive e-mails from the webmaster for reasons I still trying to fathom.
        Did you sleep with his wife? Cuz that bugs a lot of guys.

But yeah, unless you want to get into costly legalities, write a strongly worded email and then just let it go (unless, of course, it's damaging your reputation as a photographer in some way).

Comment

Copyright advice needed

Make loud threats about legal action (perhaps get a lawyer pal to write a fake lawyerly letter), and if they remain recalcitrant, offer a compromise whereby you'd receive a prominent photo credit on the banner.

I'd reckon that rather than plastering our name over their banner they might think of doing a redesign.

Comment

Working...
          X