Always cheaper to buy things in the supermarket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure there's a really witty, snappy thread title staring me in the face but I can't think of it.

Anyway, man buys antique glassware for over £1000, turns out to be empty Tesco olive oil bottle.

She said: "It would have made great television but it was just too cruel. The guy was devastated. Poor chap.

"The thing about the show is not to humiliate people."
    Presumably that's the Mirror's job then?

Were you the collector or do you know him? If so call 0207 293 2007.

Comment

He paid a grand for a glass bottle?
      The guy deserves to be ridiculed for that alone, irrespective of whether it was or wasn't an antique..........

Comment

What made him think that it was an antique or indeed worth anything? I think they should show it as a cautionary tale that not every antique is an antique or worth a fuck.

Comment

She said: "It would have made great television but it was just too cruel. The guy was devastated. Poor chap.

"The thing about the show is not to humiliate people."
          Fucking hell. We've waited years for something like this you bastards. On my license fee I demand you show this footage.

Comment

If Fiona Bruce didn't want to humiliate this guy, the least she could have done was to refrain from spilling her guts about it to the Guardian in an interview.

The (female) interviewer spent what seemed like half the article going on and on about the minutiae of Bruce's appearance.

Comment

Never mind the buyer, I wanna hear about the seller. Whoever pulled that off is my hero.

Comment

Certainly must have taken a bit of bottle.

Comment

Never mind the buyer, I wanna hear about the seller. Whoever pulled that off is my hero.
                  Indeed. I'd love to know how the transaction took place. Did the buyer haggle him down?

Seller: "Sorry, mate, but a 1000 quid is the lowest I can go."

Buyer: "Oooh, got me a fuckin' bargain here, didn't I?"

Comment

Analogue Bubblebath wrote:
                    If Fiona Bruce didn't want to humiliate this guy, the least she could have done was to refrain from spilling her guts about it to the Guardian in an interview.

The (female) interviewer spent what seemed like half the article going on and on about the minutiae of Bruce's appearance.
                    The opinion of one of her colleagues about some of her previous "work"…

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2002/jan/19/travel.travelbooks

Comment

I've now looked at some olive oil bottles from Tesco and I can't for the life of me work out how they could be confused with a £1000 artefact.

We must demand that this guy comes forward and explains himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X