Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liver and let die

Analogue Bubblebath wrote:
    Come on, don't be cruel. Who among us hasn't done the self-same thing after a night out on the pop?

Seriously, though, it does seem a tad draconian to tell someone they've got to be "clean" for six months, and that they may only have a fortnight to live?

(and isn't the six months assuming a suitable donor will be found in any case?)

Comment

Liver and let die

I didn't know you could cause 'acute liver failure' after just a weekend-long bender. But if I've read the article correctly, you can.

But yeah, get the souse the liver and then into a treatment program.

Comment

Liver and let die

Reminds me of Cassano and his sunbathing immediately post skin-graft op.

Comment

Liver and let die

i beg your pardon?

Comment

Liver and let die

I was going to cut him some slack for youthful stupidity, but he's nineteen for god's sake. He deserves all he gets.

There aren't enough transplant organs to go round and people who are likely to drink themselves into another round of liver failure should go to the back of the queue.

Comment

Liver and let die

garcia - "Cassano is not the smartest millionaire ... When he was younger, he famously had a layer of skin removed to try to improve his bad complexion, only to go straight out sunbathing. He burned himself a not so glorious orange, for all of Rome to see."

Frome here, though I first heard about it on OTF.

Comment

Working...
              X