Flyer legality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flyer legality

There's a business near my work that has flyers that are folded over with one half designed to look like a tenner. As far as I can tell, they are "distributed" by chucking them on the ground so as to get people to pick them up thinking it's money. Now, as a smoker I'm not in the best position to criticise this practice, but surely this sort of institutional littering is seriously illegal.

Flyer legality

I think the police would be more interested in the counterfeiting angle than the littering, to be honest.

But yeah, I can't see how it can possibly be legal.

Comment

Flyer legality

It almost certainly is illegal (though I would doubt "seriously" so), but I've seen it done in half a dozen different countries.

Comment

Flyer legality

I've seen it done really well a few times, at trade shows and such. I can't imagine a 'name brand' advertiser wanting to be associated with it on the street.

And counterfeiting is only a crime if you're trying to accurately reproduce money with the intent to deceive by circulating it. Printing half a tenner on some card stock comes nowhere near the threshold of counterfeiting.

Comment

Flyer legality

Yeah, once someone's picked it up, there's no way they're going to think it's real. There's only half of the "tenner" there, for a start, and only on one side. The point is to make them pick it up in the first place.

And, no, it's not a "name brand".

Comment

Flyer legality

These cunts should be hung for treason.

Comment

Flyer legality

Who...me and GY?

Comment

Flyer legality

Hey, EIM was up all night folding those.

Comment

Flyer legality

Who...me and GY?
                  Advertising people.

Comment

Flyer legality

Well then, before the noose tightens, I'd just like to say "this lynching has been brought to you by Maxwell House. It's good to the last drop."

Comment

Flyer legality

Carfone Warehouse might like to sponsor that.

Comment

Flyer legality

I really want some Maxwell House now, and I don't even like coffee.

Comment

Flyer legality

I always patronise companies that attract my attention by dropping counterfeit money on the ground. They're just the sort of people I like to do business with.

Comment

Working...
                          X