Do you remember?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you remember?

Remember your youth, do you remember them days when crazy was not insane, when crazy was a merely wild chance at taking on life and live it to the fullest, do you remember when we were young and brave, do you remember when we didn't feel safe unless we went jumping at the chance which life was offering, at the every slight little opportunity to try something new?

Do you remember when we were brave?

Do you remember the days?

I remember jumping from the train bridge, where we as kids were all scared to be run over by the daily passing by brown and grey freight trains, and yet I was down there challenging them, staring them right as they were charging towards me. I ran towards it, then jumped from the bridge, down in the river, a nine feet high plunge, simply because in my young mind I thought it would make me a man. And somehow it silly did.

As we grow older, we become less bold, when actually we should be much more so, and live like we did as kids as far as drive to explore the world goes, we do less, which can only make life more rich yet we hesitate with the years.

I sometimes feel very lost in days of someone lost in these kind of useless days.

Do you remember?

Captain Beirut III wrote:
    Remember your youth, do you remember them days when crazy was not insane, when crazy was a merely wild chance at taking on life and live it to the fullest, do you remember when we were young and brave, do you remember when we didn't feel safe unless we went jumping at the chance which life was offering, at the every slight little opportunity to try something new?
    No.

Comment

Do you remember?

Two weeks ago I risked hypothermia while swimming to an iceberg in my boxer sorts.

Comment

Do you remember?

Two weeks ago I risked a slight chill by going to Iceland without a sweater.

Comment

Do you remember?

I am beginning to miss the foolhardiness that's been such a part of my life. As time passes (I can't really say "As I get older" at 24) my imagination seems to be becoming replaced with experience and knowledge. Some would call it learning, I guess, but I'd love to unlearn somethings.

Like the feeling of hitting the ground hard and breaking your wrist whilst snowboarding, or how the end of a relationship feels, or looking around and wondering where your old mates have gone.

These sort of feelings replace the recklessness of youth, which I assume ganja is talking about, with caution and sense.

Which is gramd, for the most part. But I'd love to be able to switch between sensible and, er, insensible.

Comment

Do you remember?

Wait until you pass sixty, insensible returns big-time.

Comment

Working...
            X