Golf and golf clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf and golf clothing

I've never played in my life, but I always had an ability to get into any sport fairly quick, so I bet I could kick arse already on day one over a round of colonialism pretend-sport.
    I doubt it's much beyond pinball but on a big patch of grass. I rock at pinball machines!

Who wants to play golf anyway?
    It's like visiting a zoo but without any animals?
    It's like going on a bleedin' safari and not a zebra in sight, except for a few people who have dressed up looking like zebra, and for some reason seem proud having done so.

What is it with golf and the clothes?

Golf and golf clothing

Had a game of golf for the first time in years during my holiday back in Ireland. It's good fun. No zebras.

Comment

Golf and golf clothing

A zebra caddied for me back in the day when Gary Player and I used to tussle over most of the majors - early '70s, as I recall. She was a whore to the spirit of the R&A, an insistent fuqer round the greens, too - improved my short-game by at least four shots a round, mind. Alas, the game changed, slacks got louder, Apartheid kicked in and we went our separate ways. I often wonder where she is now. Gary Player, not so much.

In short, it's a fantastic game.

Comment

Golf and golf clothing

Any thread about golf clothing is just shooting fish in a barrel.

Comment

Golf and golf clothing

Slightly Brown wrote:
          A zebra caddied for me back in the day when Gary Player and I used to tussle over most of the majors - early '70s, as I recall. She was a whore to the spirit of the R&A, an insistent fuqer round the greens, too - improved my short-game by at least four shots a round, mind. Alas, the game changed, slacks got louder, Apartheid kicked in and we went our separate ways. I often wonder where she is now. Gary Player, not so much.

Brilliant!

Comment

Golf and golf clothing

Slightly Brown wrote:

Shouldnt your name be slightly Ken Brown?

(great post)

Comment

Working...
            X