I've actually seen one of these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it's the one and only time I felt like some people are worth less.
    (the one holding the rope, not the kid)

All children should be put on these in public places, preferably muzzled as well.

Comment

That dog is brilliant. Look at his grumpy little face.

Comment

hee!
        When we first moved to France we brought with us our Mothercare version of this.
        'Cos this is quite common in the UK to tether your child.

We got a lot of strange looks from the continental types, who shook their heads and muttered about a child not being a dog etc.

However, the friends we made, who had similar aged mad toddlers, actually asked us where we got this from as they could see the benefit.

For our youngest two we didn't use these, as they were less mad than the eldest who was like a heat seaking missile as soon as he could waddle - and funny as it seems, to some, making sure your kid desn't get lost or rushes into traffic, makes the stares and comments worthwhile.

Comment

EIM wrote:
          That dog is brilliant. Look at his grumpy little face.
          You only say that because he tries to look like a polar bear, but he is a wanker.

Comment

I genuinely found holding my toddler's hand safer and less hassle. He hated any form of these things, they get wrapped around lamp-posts and other kids and, if they are any longer than arms length, they can quite easily get themselves in trouble before you have a chance to pull them back

Comment

VTTBoscombe wrote:
              hee!
              When we first moved to France we brought with us our Mothercare version of this.

We got a lot of strange looks from the continental types, who shook their heads and muttered about a child not being a dog etc.

However, the friends we made, who had similar aged mad toddlers, actually asked us where we got this from as they could see the benefit.

For our youngest two we didn't use these, as they were less mad than the eldest who was like a heat seaking missile as soon as he could waddle - and funny as it seems, to some, making sure your kid desn't get lost or rushes into traffic, makes the stares and comments worthwhile.
              You should not have children, you should spend a month in Auschwitz Camp for the sake of education.

Comment

Christ, that is barbaric.

Comment

Captain Beirut III wrote:
                  VTTBoscombe wrote:
                  hee!

You should not have children, you should spend a month in Auschwitz Camp for the sake of education.
                  Is that supposed to be ironic or deliberatly hyperbolic? It's not fucking funny.

Comment

While not liking the baby-lead idea, I would agree that, despite the large competition, that is possibly the most ill thought out and offensive thing that I have ever heard CBIII say. I hope it's going to be backed up with logic, because I can't see any behind it.

Comment

Did I misread or did VTTB say he thought it OK to keep kids in a leech?

If I I misread, I humbly apologise.

Comment

But if you didn't misread, you stand by your statement that he shouldn't have kids and should spend some time in Auschwitz to think about it?

Comment

Presumably he meant an educational trip to Auschwitz, not living there as a prisoner, but it's a strange response any way you look at it. Suffice to say you're anti children on leashes.

Comment

I'd say that was an awfully generous reading, Bruno. But you know, fari play.
                            What are your feelings on stair guards and garden gates, CB3?

Comment

You're looking at the Dachau treatment for those offenses. Sorry...can't be helped.

Comment

Bad, bad hyperbole there fella.

Baby reins did used to be quite common here though, didn't they? Can't remember the last time I saw any.

Comment

My stepdaughter bought some for the grandson while she was here (which is odd because I've never seen any in use in Vancouver.) She lives in Paris, I'll ask her if she gets funny looks. I see them as a nuisance more than anything, one more item to get in the way, especially on public transport. They were really common once, there are even photos of myself wearing them, (yes he's fallen down on the line folks, leaving an easy tap-in for someone.)

Comment

I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with fearing your child running off into a crowd or into traffic, but I can't imagine that's really the best way to do it. It would just be one more thing to trip over and I imagine it would frustrate the child and just create a lot of discontent for everyone.

Comment

Ganga
                                      Nice.

Comment

Leashes on children were quite common in the UK (well in Scotland at least) back in the 60s and 70s.

I must admit I always thought they were horrible, but I can understand why people may think they were a worthwhile thing to employ. I can't see them being all that effective, for the reasons previously listed.

Comment

Working...
                                        X