Question for US blog addicts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with the comments at Spencer Ackerman's blog? Most of the time I'm the only one there, yet he's mates with most of the professional blogging elite, he's now at a major magazine's website and he's frequently linked by other bloggers. It's really frustrating, because I'd often like to have a conversation about his posts with people other than him, but there's noone there.

I'm not sure. It may be because this blog is relatively new, and so hasn't really caught on yet. Alternatively, it may be because he generally goes pretty deep on Iraq and GWOT-stuff, which is not engaging the American public at this point in time as much as the election.

Also, his old blog, Too Hot For TNR, didn't have a particularly active comment section either.

I read it every day, but I tend to avoid commenting in blogs after getting repeatedly caught up in ridiculousness at Yglesias's blog.

One benefit of the low comment amount on his site is that Petey hasn't showed up there yet accusing him of being a trust-fund, white-hating racist.

Comment

That's the thing - I'd understand it if comments dropped off after the move, but THFTNR hardly ever had comments either, and I couldn't understand why. Surely things will pick up a bit now, but it's bizarre that Matt Yglesias, Ezra Klein, and others like that get masses of comments while Spackerman gets none. I'm sure he gets a deent amount of traffic.

Comment

It is weird, maybe it's the music-lyric titles of his posts.

It could also just be failure to get a critical mass of comments that keeps others away. If you want to comment-bomb his site to try and draw others in, I'd be all for it.

Comment

Working...
        X