Unnecessary press releases of our time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Trista-Sutter-the-Original-bw-4272375969.html?x=0&.v=1

Trista Sutter, the Original Bachelorette, Undergoes Essure Procedure After Deciding Her Family is Complete
    The Essure Procedure is a Minimally Invasive, In-Office Permanent Birth Control Procedure for Women

Press Release
    Source: Conceptus Inc.
    On Wednesday August 5, 2009, 8:10 am EDT

VAIL, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--After the arrival of her second child (a baby girl named Blakesley Grace, born on April 3, 2009), Trista Sutter, the star of ABC’s first Bachelorette show, is reporting that her Essure procedure went well, and that the entire procedure took place in her physician’s office in about the same amount of time as a routine OB/GYN exam.

During Trista’s pregnancy with Blakesley, she had expressed to her physician that she was considering having a tubal ligation after the delivery. Trista, along with her husband Ryan Sutter, felt their family would be complete after the arrival of their second child. After speaking with her doctor about all her birth control options, Trista decided that the Essure procedure was the best fit for her.

“The Essure procedure was just what I expected, minimally invasive and easy, and it was performed in my doctor’s office,” says Sutter. “Ryan and I knew our family was complete with two children and I knew I didn’t want to be on hormones anymore, so I’m happy that I won’t need to worry about birth control or an unplanned pregnancy. I like that I can focus my attention on my family and our future.”

Essure is a permanent birth control procedure for women that can be performed in the comfort of a doctor’s office. The procedure is preferred by women because it requires no cutting or burning, no general anesthesia, no hormones, and has minimal recovery time. The Essure procedure has been FDA approved and in use since 2002, and it is trusted by more than 300,000 women worldwide.

Three months from now Trista will have the added benefit of the Essure Confirmation Test, so she can be confident that she is protected from unplanned pregnancy. The Essure procedure has the highest rate of efficacy in the permanent birth control category, with a 99.8 percent effective rate and zero pregnancies reported in clinical trials.

“The Essure procedure is a great solution for women who know their families are complete,” said Dr. Santa Maria, Sutter's physician. “I’m really pleased that Trista has decided to speak publicly about her experience to help inform other women about Essure.”

Trista says, “I want more women to know about all their options; as an advocate for women’s health, I believe it’s important for women to make informed decisions, and avoid undergoing surgery needlessly when other options exist.”

About the Essure Procedure:

The Essure procedure, FDA approved since 2002, is a permanent birth control method that can be performed in the comfort of a physician’s office in about 10 minutes1 without hormones, cutting, burning or the risks associated with general anesthesia or tubal ligation. Small, flexible micro-inserts are placed in a woman’s fallopian tubes through the cervix without incisions. Over the next three months, the body forms a natural barrier around the micro-inserts to prevent sperm from reaching the egg. Essure is 99.8% effective2 with zero pregnancies reported in clinical trials. The procedure is covered by most insurance plans, and when it is performed in a doctor’s office the cost may be as low as a simple co-pay.

Three months after the Essure procedure, a doctor performs an Essure Confirmation Test to confirm that the fallopian tubes are fully blocked, and that the patient can rely on Essure for permanent birth control. Essure has been proven and trusted by physicians since 2002, with more than 300,000 women worldwide having undergone the Essure procedure.

Essure and Conceptus® are registered trademarks of Conceptus Inc. (NASDAQ:CPTS)

About Trista Sutter:

Now a Vail, Colorado resident with her husband Ryan, Trista Sutter (formerly Rehn), was born in Indianapolis, Indiana and raised in St. Louis, Missouri.

While working as a pediatric physical therapist in Miami, Florida, Trista was looking for something new and exciting and applied for a new show called “The Bachelor.” After being chosen to appear as one of 25 bachelorettes on the ABC hit, she achieved overnight fame as the runner-up who was not ultimately picked as The Bachelor’s dream girl. Not being chosen proved to be the best thing that could’ve happened, because she was then asked to become the first Bachelorette and ended up meeting the man of her dreams in handsome firefighter Ryan Sutter. On the finale, she said “yes” to his televised marriage proposal, and after a year-long engagement they planned a dream wedding for a TV special that they shared with over 20 million people who had watched their love story unfold. To this day, they are the only couple from “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette” to actually tie the knot, and one of few to even remain together.

In addition to her involvement on the Bachelor and the Bachelorette, Trista has a very active and well-followed Twitter (tristasutter), blogs for E! online, and is a correspondent for GMA, Extra and Good Day Live. Additionally, she also participated in the first season of the Emmy-nominated “Dancing with the Stars.”

1 Average hysteroscopic procedure time

2 Based on 4 years of follow-up

Is this a press release advertising sterilisation for reality TV "personalities"?

If so, I can only express my approval.

Comment

Unfortunately I kept reading Essure as E-Sure, so had visions of Michael Winner popping up in the surgery, going "Calm down dear, it's only a small, flexible miro-insert".

Comment

The Fall 5 Trends for the Frugal Fashionista

Shine through fall with this Muted Metallic look from Prime Outlets. (PRNewsFoto/Prime Retail)

BALTIMORE, MD UNITED STATES

Prime Outlets Presents its Annual Must-Have Guide for Fall's Hottest Looks

BALTIMORE, Aug. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- This fall, Prime Outlets and Celebrity Stylist Mark-Alan Harmon have made it possible for you to pick up the season's hottest fashions without cringing at the cost of filling your closet. Presenting The Fall 5, the ultimate guide to fall fashion must-haves, these tips are sure to keep you looking stylish on an "I-spent-every-last-dime-on-vacation" shopping budget.

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20090805/NE56898 )

According to Harmon, who has worked with some of Hollywood's hottest celebrities for more than a decade, you can find fall's hottest trends at the outlets before you've even read about them in magazines.

"The glossy pages of your favorite fashion magazines are a great place to look for inspiration when shopping," said Harmon. "My little secret: the outlets are the place to find everything you crave for fall at a fraction of the cost. After all, why pay full price when you can look fabulous for less?"

Prime Retail's Senior Vice President of Marketing Karen E. Fluharty says that The Fall 5 was developed to help women focus their fashion spending.

"Finding the season's must-have or 'it' items and working them into your wardrobe is key when it comes to staying in fashion while shopping on a budget," said Fluharty. "With a few essential pieces you can turn an ordinary closet into a trendy, modern wardrobe without breaking the bank."

At everyday savings of up to 65 percent off full retail prices, Prime Outlets' shoppers have complete access to style icons including Gucci, Michael Kors, kate spade, Giorgio Armani and Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH, among many others.

For a fresh, designer look sure to turn heads this season Harmon and Prime Outlets suggest The Fall 5 fashion tips:

Muted Metallics - Don't let chilly air force you into a dull slump. Shine through fall with subtle tones of copper, pewter and iron. Pair these colors with an organic fiber such as a tweed blazer or a linen scarf and you'll scream 'ready for Fall'.
        Return of the Lady Coat - At last, old-world sophistication is back! Search relentlessly until you find the perfectly-tailored, lady-like coat with a refined silhouette. Pair it with a hat and gloves for a pulled-together look that is sure to turn heads.
        Sophisticated French - You're right: it isn't fair that Parisian women pull off sophisticated fashion without an ounce of effort. But that doesn't mean you can't create the illusion with a little bit of fashion savvy. Say 'oui' to a chic black and white palette accented with ballet pink and a string of pearls.
        A Touch of Tudor - The ruffle trend has survived the death-by-new-season test and is reincarnated for fall in the form of tufted and ruffled necks and structured bodices. Do the jump-squat-pull skinny jean dance routine with tudor-esque tops in silks, brocades, and jacquards and embellishments of lace, sequins and tassels. Remember, more is more when it comes to lavish trimmings.
        Jewel Tones - With this trend, seek out shoes, jewelry and a signature frock in bright saturated gem colors. Ruby, amethyst, emerald, sapphire, and topaz all make for hot accents for that earthy fall outfit you're longing to cozy up to.

About Prime Retail

Headquartered in Baltimore, Md., Prime Retail owns and operates 21 outlet shopping centers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Spanning more than 8.2 million square feet throughout major United States markets and Puerto Rico, Prime Retail is home to more than 450 leading designer and name-brands such as Gucci, Giorgio Armani, Burberry, kate spade, Michael Kors, St. John, Juicy Couture, Stuart Weitzman, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH( )and Neiman Marcus Last Call. The company's retail outlets serve major markets including Orlando, Pittsburgh, Washington, D.C., Austin/San Antonio, Texas and Williamsburg, Va., among many more. In addition Prime Retail currently has nearly one million square feet in its development pipeline in markets including the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area and San Francisco Bay region. For more information, please visit www.primeretail.com.

SOURCE Prime Retail

Comment

I was afraid and puzzled that Mark Harmon had become a stylist.

Comment

"With a few essential pieces you can turn an ordinary closet into a trendy, modern wardrobe without breaking the bank."

This and "build your wardrobe on a foundation of the timeless classics" is something I've read about 300 times in Mrs WOM's bog-cluttering magazines. But, in my experience, there actually is nothing that doesn't 'go out of style' or look horribly dated in about three years.

Imagine wearing some of those 'timeless classics' you were wearing in 1988.

Comment

I'm not clear on a couple of things. Is Essure invasive? Can it be done in the comfort of your gynie's surgery? Is it FDA approved? And is it a great solution for women who know their families are complete?

I wish these press releases would clarify these points at least once.

Comment

Ask your doctor.

Check out this head-shaker

http://www.lflus.com/docs/chicagodebut.pdf

Comment

I thought I was slightly over the top putting a picture on Facebook of the arrow at the top of my thigh the surgeon drew to indicate which side to operate.

How scared is her husband of having the snip?

Comment

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=ind_focus.story&STORY=/www/story/09-04-2009/0005088442&EDATE=

'Dirty Little Secret' Can Make New School Year a Nightmare

Parents, children suffer when little ones struggling with bowel disorder return to class

SPRING LAKE, Mich., Sept. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Encopresis isn't the sort of medical problem making headlines, but there's no mistaking the quiet emotional toll it takes on children as school resumes across the country. Bright, vivacious boys and girls in elementary school are becoming quiet, withdrawn and ostracized. After all, children can be cruel and nobody wants to associate with the "smelly kid" sitting all alone. In truth, they aren't alone. One in every 33 children in every grade school could be suffering from the same disorder of the bowels. Retired Michigan psychologist Dr. Robert Collins has made it his mission to help children and their parents escape isolation and know that help is available.

"Encopresis is known as the 'dirty little secret' because people aren't willing to discuss the issue of fecal incontinence in children age four and up," said Collins, a psychologist with nearly four decades of experience. "Parents often feel like they've failed in their responsibilities, or they suspect their child is being stubborn when soiled pants are discovered. Nothing could be further from the truth. Encopresis is a bowel disorder that can be successfully treated."

Collins has blazed medical trails by developing his "Soiling Solutions" treatment protocol, employing a carefully timed use of suppositories and enemas explained in his "Clean Kid Manual" available at http://www.soilingsolutions.com. His methods have succeeded where more traditional methods - oral stool softening agents - failed.

"Parents needn't feel embarrassment," Collins added. "Encopresis can be treated, but it's only possible by raising awareness of the problem."

About Soiling Solutions - Seeking a better way to treat children suffering from encopresis (fecal incontinence), psychologist Dr. Robert Collins, Ph.D., introduced his innovative "Soiling Solutions" approach in 1998. Utilizing enemas and suppositories in a structured bowel retraining program, Collins' technique marked a departure from oral stool softening agents favored by many pediatricians. Registered internationally, Collins' "Soiling Solutions" system continues to gain popularity, with patients treated successfully in the U.S., France, the Netherlands, China, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand. Dr. Collins has given Iceland's medical system permission to translate portions of his manual for their use. Learn more about Collins' "Soiling Solutions" treatment for encopresis by visiting his Web site:http://www.soilingsolutions.com.

Dr. Robert Collins
                    (616) 638-1957
                    http://www.soilingsolutions.com

This release was issued through eReleases(TM). For more information, visithttp://www.ereleases.com.

Comment

Reed of the Valley People wrote:
                      One in every 33 children in every grade school could be suffering from the same disorder of the bowels.
                      1 in 33 "could be"? Are they or not?

"Encopresis is known as the 'dirty little secret'...fecal incontinence
                      Quite.

Collins has blazed medical trails
                      I hope he hasn't left any skid marks.

Utilizing enemas and suppositories in a structured bowel retraining program
                      Sounds delightful.

I want to make clear I'm only mocking the press release. I feel really bad for the kids and the parents.

Comment

Yeah, they must feel shit.

Comment

Nevada Burning Man Festival Sees Giant Aerial Marijuana Bud Banner That Protests Hydroponics Hijacking

Hydroponics Company Flies Marijuana Bud Banner at Nevada Burning Man Festival

SEATTLE, Sept. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- On the day that the Man burns at the legendary Nevada Burning Man event this year in the Black Rock Desert, partiers will see a giant marijuana bud banner flying overhead.

The huge banner, which has already flown over Seattle Hempfest and San Francisco, features a glistening marijuana flower, along with lettering that asks the question "Want Big, Sugary Buds?"

The controversial banner is the brainchild of Michael "Big Mike" Straumietis, co-founder of international hydroponics nutrients manufacturer Advanced Nutrients.

"We fly this banner to protest the hydroponic hijacking of our industry by a cadre of good old boys who ration information, goods and services to orchestrate a takeover of hydroponics commerce that hurts growers, retailers and vendors," says Straumietis.

Ever since he went public with his protests, Straumietis has drawn widespread applause for his documented claim that five hydroponics companies (Hydrofarm, Sunlight Supply, General Hydroponics, Botanicare and Technaflora) have used waste and abuse to interfere with the free flow of hydroponics information, goods and services.

Straumietis notes that Americans spend hundreds of millions of dollars per year on hydroponic equipment and supplies and the majority of those materials grow medical marijuana.

"I hear serious complaints about the good old boys hydroponics hijacking," Straumietis says. "From sick and dying medical marijuana patients discouraged from growing their own medicine because the good old boys ration and deny access to hydroponics information. From hydroponics retailers sick of the good old boys interfering with the open market. From hydroponics inventors and manufacturers indignant about the good old boys blockading access to the hydroponics marketplace."

Unlike the Burning Man Project, in which tens of thousands of people show up to co-create a desert democracy community every year, the good old boys' hydroponics hijacking runs the hydroponics industry like a medieval kingdom, Straumietis charges.

"These powerful hydroponics companies and distributors act like brutal dictators," Straumietis says. "Medical marijuana is legal in 13 states, but the good old boys refuse to test or design their products for marijuana, which limits the effectiveness of marijuana medicine. They won't let customers, hydroponics stores or hydroponics magazines discuss marijuana. They deny information and access to growers, companies and vendors."

Straumietis notes that ever since Advanced Nutrients was founded in 2001, it has chipped away at the good old boys' near-stranglehold on hydroponics commerce by creating a new generation of scientifically-designed nutrients and supplements that greatly improve the yield and potency of medical marijuana.

Tired of "dirty tricks" and monopoly tactics from the good old boys, Straumietis created his airborne bud banner that's half the size of a football field. The flying sensation made its eye-popping debut over the Maximum Yield Indoor Gardening Expo in San Francisco on July 26 and it also flew over Seattle Hempfest in August. After Burning Man, the banner flies over Southern California on Labor Day weekend.

"The energy, cooperation and passion of Burning Man will flourish in the hydroponics industry when we force the good old boys to stop their hydroponic hijacking," Straumietis says. "I issued a million dollar challenge for the good old boys to use their best nutrients against mine and see who grows the biggest, most potent buds. They're afraid to accept my challenge. But I will not rest until the good old boys have stopped harming patients, retailers and vendors."

To preview a video on YouTube, please visit:

Media Contact:
                          Advanced Nutrients
                          604-854-6793
                          media@advancednutrients.com

SOURCE Advanced Nutrients

Comment

Bauer Calls for News of Concrete Compromise from President Obama

WASHINGTON, Sept. 9 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Former presidential candidate Gary Bauer on the eve of President Obama's health care address said Tuesday that he would be listening for specifics from the President about "compromises and concessions he is willing to make to show that his promises of bipartisan policy development were real."

The chairman of the Campaign for Working Families made the following comments: "President Obama's idea of bipartisanship is that the GOP blindly accepts all his ideas without comment and offer up other people's money via taxes for his proposals. The speech tonight needs to include specifics from the President about the kind of compromises he plans to make to address the very real concerns Americans have with his plans. The only bipartisanship coalitions being created are those among Democrats and Republicans who oppose key elements of Obama's proposal.

"No one believes that you can increase coverage without raising the costs, and the most disingenuous reality of the proposed health care take over is the fact that never once is a tremendous contributor to rising health care costs addressed: runaway legal cost. The fact that trial lawyers are such strident supporters of the Democratic Party seems to be the reason that that ballooning legal fees are not curtailed. Real health care reform involved cutting off the legal gravy train. We need tort reform.

"It is equally strange that the president argues that a health care bill must be forced through this year, only to languish for years and take effect AFTER he is up for reelection. If there is a real crisis in his eyes, he should be willing to stand before the voters and be accountable for his health care take over. If there is time for more careful deliberation, it should involve the bipartisan efforts of all our elected officeholders. Health care reform should receive the attention and care that most Americans believe was not given to the emergency stimulus bill which was long on funds for Democratic interests and short on the kinds of help that would curtail rising unemployment. False emergency proclamations are poisoning the process. We need thoughtful, bipartisan, thorough problem solving for effective health care reform."

SOURCE Campaign for Working Families

Comment

Working...
                            X