Morris Dancing Flashmob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morris Dancing Flashmob

As we speak, for no reason I can fathom, there's a gang of Morris Dancers in my street, prancing and chanting and hitting sticks together and waving hankies, and generally kicking up a right old racket and holding up the traffic. What the...?

Morris Dancing Flashmob

Bizarrely, for no reason I can fathom there's a gang of Ted Maul lookalikes in my street, taking off their welding masks, having it all, dancing for their lives and generally kicking up a right old racket. I briefly thought about creating a thread on the subject, but people would just think it was just a silly, punning tribute thread, so decided not to. What the...?

Comment

Morris Dancing Flashmob

As we speak, for no reason I can fathom, there's a surprise birthday party going on in a meeting room down the hall. The guest of honour is male and the thirty 'party guests' are women. All you can hear through the door is 'mumble mumble mumble' as he speaks, followed by peals of laughter. He's not a particularly witty guy, and my podmate has termed it 'supportive laughter'; the kind you sporadically get during canned wedding speeches.

Comment

Morris Dancing Flashmob

Bizarrely, there's some diabetic from Newport leading a parade of anthropomorphic spider monkeys, cockatiels and otters through the moves to Black Lace's 'Superman' and blocking off the Balls Pond Road outside my window right now. He doesn't look well at all. What the...?

Comment

Morris Dancing Flashmob

Bizarrely, and for no reason I can fathom, there's a gang of Italian-looking people dressed in black pinstripe suits, chewing toothpicks and carrying violin cases in my street, performing some sort of erotic choreography, exposing themselves to Esther Rantzen's husband and generally kicking up a right old racket. What the...?

Comment

Morris Dancing Flashmob

They came back out again just now. It's a bit late for that kind of thing, surely. I'm thinking ASBO.

Comment

Morris Dancing Flashmob

Bizarrely, and for no reason I can fathom, a distinguished British actor of stage and screen, who was in that India thing with the other guy, is being attacked outside my house by a large group of photographers, each equipped with what looks to my inexpert eye like an 110V AC Slave II bulb for the momentary illumination, for photographic purposes, of a darkened scene, made by that company that makes those. It's all very perplexing.

Comment

Morris Dancing Flashmob

(Kicking up a right old racket, they are.)

Comment

Working...
                X