windowlicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windowlicker

Well, well, well, that's vinegar strokes and windowlicker I have learnt about

Comment

windowlicker

Not that you'll be experiencing any vinegar strokes for the next couple of weeks having seen the underpants thread.
      (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Comment

windowlicker

it's fucking scary having the person you love stop breathing 20 or 30 times an hour
        my sleep study showed I was suffering 66 episodes an hour, so I was in the very severe group.

The CPAP is helping - according to that I'm down to 2 or 3 an hour. But I'm currently in the 'catch-up' phase according to the doc - catching up on the sleep I'd lost. So more tired than ever before....and this week has truly been a shocker.

I'm also getting back pain as my body adjusts to the posture necessary to sleep with the damn mask on all night.

Problems that should be resolved within 6-9 months apparently (I have only been using it for around 2)

Excercise is an area I need to improve on - I played football (badly) until a couple of years ago when I buggered my knee, and have missed that without replacing it with anything. A lunchtime gym isn't practical where I work, and I've had heel spurs the last few months - now pretty much cleared up (not too mention I just don't feel I have the energy), but I'll often spend lunchtime walking round the park, or get off the bus a few stops early on the way home and walk the rest of the way, and walking the dog in the evening. It all helps.

As I say I also need my tonsils removed - they are exceptionally large according to the doc which contributes to the problem, but that's more time and expense I can't afford right now and has to be put off for a few months at least.

But I find myself getting pissed off at stuff I'd previously have shrugged my shoulders at and said "sod 'em", sometimes I wonder if I should just wear a tea cosy and sit in the back yard confiscating kids footballs (except we never get any round here)

So look - I'll apologise again to TAFKAWL and to anyone else who caught shrapnel in the blast. I let myself down, I let OTF down and I let the school down.

Comment

windowlicker

Hope things improve for you soon Scouseroo. (Is Scouser politically correct?!?!)

I was thinking of changing my name to a song title. Unfortunately that song is Miss Fat Booty by Mos Def. Would anyone object?

Comment

windowlicker

Not as long as you don't.

Comment

windowlicker

Lyra wrote:
              I was thinking of changing my name to a song title. Unfortunately that song is Miss Fat Booty by Mos Def. Would anyone object?
              Tonton will have very strong views on this...

Comment

windowlicker

Not that you'll be experiencing any vinegar strokes for the next couple of weeks having seen the underpants thread.
                (Sorry, couldn't resist)
                They actually said that I could go back to intercourse by the weekend . I said "That's funny, I wouldn't have been able to do that before"

[/bastardised old joke]

Mind you, that is better than the advice they gave for driving. "You can frive when you can do an emergency stop without discomfort". How am I supposed to do that? I have no volunteers for stepping out in front of me.

Comment

windowlicker

Tonton will have very strong views on this...
                  Too bloody right I will - DO NOT CHANGE YOUR NAME

Comment

windowlicker

But everyone else gets away with it! I have no idea who almost anyone is, on here, any more.

Comment

windowlicker

It makes me seethe at the teeth, literally, I know.

Comment

windowlicker

I hate it too, unless it's really obvious - and I mean obvious from the name itself, not the posting style or anything else. It seems so rude, somehow, to force people to guess at one's new identity when it's difficult enough to piece together someone's online personality. And it can make some conversations terribly unbalanced, where one poster knows all about the other's background but the latter hasn't much clue about the previous form of the former.

Comment

windowlicker

What he said.

Comment

windowlicker

So (using Lyra as an example) "Lyra Lyra Pants on Fyre" would be ok but "Terrys Chocolate Oranjie" is bad?

Comment

windowlicker

Why do it anyway? You wouldn't do it in the real world, unless you're one of those hopeless, still-living-with-your-mum, sad mother-fuckers who decide to change your name by deed-poll to Portsmouth F.C. or some such twattery.
                              People may not often use their real name on this site but they have chosen an identity and should stay with it unless there are exceptional cicumstances. I personally feel VS should never have changed to WL in the first place, it was the most inspired name I'd seen for some time, just behind a fantasy team name somebody had used called Jaap Sigh.

Comment

windowlicker

I think name-changing - and not merely "branded" changing - is fine.

If you're some sort of autist who resents ALL change, you won't like it, of course, but hard cheese. If it's not done to excess, I think Andy's points work the other way; not to tolerate somebody changing their moniker because it makes extra effort for you is rude. "Sheesh, I can be barely bothered reading your posts when I do know who they are from."

Obviously, it can be done to excess, and obviously some (most?) objections will fall into neither of these categories. But objections to name-changing per se? Get real.

Comment

windowlicker

I just memorize everyone's post count, and keep track that way.

The (unrealizable) ideal would be for everyone to use his or her real name. Short of that, I think sticking with one handle is the most helpful in a forum made up of long-time regular members, if that is you care about whether your conversations with others are informed by what you happen to know about them, and they you - as opposed to just arguing debating and discussing things abstractly. Nothing wrong with the latter per se, obviously.

Comment

windowlicker

Ideally I'd use an anagram of my real name, but Chic mimic in mill-owning lands won't quite fit.

Otherwise, I'm broadly with Prof. Toro.

Until reading this thread I thought Windowlicker played in the Polish Ekstraklasa.

Comment

windowlicker

I guess sometimes you want a change, or you want to be more difficult to find, or whatever. I don't think Ms Fat Booty would be much of a disguise as such for me anyway.

Comment

windowlicker

I hate it too, unless it's really obvious - and I mean obvious from the name itself, not the posting style or anything else. It seems so rude, somehow, to force people to guess at one's new identity
                                        Fair enough, but who did you used to be, Andy C?

Comment

windowlicker

It takes little effort to guess who a poster is after a name change, there is enough info in the profile generally otherwise a simple direct question will suffice. That internet discussion forum palaver is really not for you Andy C, maybe we should start a pen-pal club...?

Comment

windowlicker

There are loads of people I've never figured out who they were since the move. Nil Arshavin, Antonio Gramasci for instance. I'm pretty sure I should know who they are, but even with regular reading, I dunno.

It's frustrating.

Comment

windowlicker

Antonio Gramsci has always been Antonio Gramsci - Nil Arshavin was previously Nil A Fhios Agam.

I'm not sure those are the best examples

Comment

windowlicker

Actually I have no idea who Nil A Fhios Agam is, either.

Oh well.

Comment

windowlicker

I sort of like that people are expected to take people on what they are presently posting, after a name change, rather than judging them on form.

Maybe, a name change every two months for ever poster would be good so as to interrupt long-standing grudges.

Personally, I argue with everyone so much that I forget who is in my black book at any time. Either that or, as has happened in most cases, occasions, someone who I have fallen out with about something, I agree with later on something else.

I am very capricious like that

Comment

Working...
                                                  X