• Show
Clear All

The best crisps (or potato or maize snack) ever

has got to be these fellahs

End of thread.

Comment

The original (AFAIK) and defintely the best. You canbuy them in the irish butchers on holloway road and at assorted Irish shops/bars through the UK.

Comment

An honourable mention

Comment

Comment

Context - You've just come out of the local swimming pool, feeling ravenous, and your eyes light up as you see them in the vending machine. Mmm...

Comment

apologies... those Tayto things are shite.

(even the pickled onion flavour)

Comment

Sorry Geront, but you be insane. Tayto cheese & onion are awesome. Anything that can beat off the challenge of Frazzles and Beef Monster Munch aint to be trifled with.

Comment

Why are all your crisp packages so goofy looking? How about something tasteful and understated:

though the taste is anything but. Understated, I mean, anything but understated. I also like these:

Comment

Despite the poxy "man crisps" ad these are my own particular, readily available, fave.

Comment

Sean of the shed wrote:
                      has got to be these fellahs

I love 'em too, but they wedge themselves inside nooks and crannies inside your teeth you never knew existed. So you're spending a good part of 5 minutes trying to pick bits out of your teeth after eating them.

Crisps are pretty crap in continental Europe, but I love Lays' "Receita Camponesa", which is basically cheese and onion and tomato and garlic.

Comment

Pah, Zweifel are top class crisps!

Comment

Homemade kettle "crisps" with salsa valentina (extra hot black label) and fresh lime juice.

Unrelated, but a shot valentina and a shot of key lime juice makes a great chaser for Tequila.

Runner up: those shrimp korean snacks, they're like cheetos, but not cheesy and they taste like crab/seafood instead.

Comment

The Mighty Kubelgog!!! wrote:

The original (AFAIK) and defintely the best. You canbuy them in the irish butchers on holloway road and at assorted Irish shops/bars through the UK.
                            Maybe in the past but the last few packets I had back home were awful. Tiny bag, about half full and with only around four good sized crisps in there, the rest a pile of mush.

Smoky Bacon flavour for me, thanks. Used to always hog them when we'd get the boxes in for Christmas.

Comment

Comment

I think the basic Fritos are the best, for me, in this category.

Comment

In the Maize Based Snack category it's either Quavers or Frazzles.

In the Potato Crisps category it's probably the Salsa and Mesquite Kettle Chips.

Comment

Continental crisps are a bit limited. We have 3 kinds. Nature, Paprika, and those glorious wonderful peanut ones. I have to say I was lucky enough to get to try Walkers Builders Breakfast a couple of months ago and they were very lovely indeed.

Comment

Monster Munch are fucking horrible, you loons.

And in all this stuff about continental Europe, you're ignoring eastern Spain, which has fantastic crisps. They're my favourite, easily.

Comment

The foreigns just don't do crisps very well, and Frazzles win this by a million miles.

Comment

Do y'all have these?

They're ingeniously tongue-contoured, and great when you're baked (like a pringle). Minute upon minute of fascination crushing and compacting them against the roof of your mouth. 'specially the zesty ones

Comment

Yeah we have them, and they're shit.

Comment

You forgot "Provencal" Lyra! Blimey ages I had some, something to jot down on my to do list for my next visit.

I tend to like my flavours quite plain, those weird chemical tasting concoction leave me rather cold, in the UK, it's ready salted or salt/vinegar by either Walkers or Seabrooks.

Comment

The_Liquidator wrote:
                                                Yeah we have them, and they're shit.
                                                The shit, you mean.

Comment

Pringles were in court over here recently, trying to argue against their bland snack being taxed as a potato crisp. Their main argument was that there was not enough potato in it to be assimilated to a real crisp...That tells you all you need to know about Pringles...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X