• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A report The Vatican did not order

I bet this has been done....

http://hypnosis.home.netcom.com/iq_vs_religiosity.htm

and...

In 2008, intelligence researcher Helmuth Nyborg examined whether IQ relates to denomination and income, using representative data from the National Longitudinal Study of Youth, which includes intelligence tests on a representative selection of American youth, where they have also replied to questions about religious belief. His results, published in the scientific journal Intelligence demonstrated that on average, Atheists scored 1.95 IQ points higher than Agnostics, 3.82 points higher than Liberal persuasions, and 5.89 IQ points higher than Dogmatic persuasions. Atheists were third highest in the study overall, behind Jews and Anglicans. "I'm not saying that believing in God makes you dumber. My hypothesis is that people with a low intelligence are more easily drawn toward religions, which give answers that are certain, while people with a high intelligence are more skeptical," says the professor.

from
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence

My hypothesis is that people with a low intelligence are more easily drawn toward religions, which give answers that are certain, while people with a high intelligence are more skeptical,"
    My hypothesis is that, while he may be a professor, he doesn't have the first fucking clue what he's talking about.

This persistent "religion = certainty" thing is really fucking bizarre.

Comment

They're a couple of nutcases, aren't they!?

Comment

Dont understand. How can I be 1.95 IQ points higher than myself?

Havent read the links, but that is patently bollocks.

Comment

Gerontophile wrote:
          This article needs additional citations for verification.
          from Wiki...

If even Wiki are not sure, then its bollocks.

Comment

I thought this was going to be about the Dublin archdiocese's 70 year long game of pass the paedophile.

the report is coming in the next couple of days.

Comment

Working...
            X