The punch has landed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The punch has landed

The Space Race was all about the Cold War, but not really Vietnam in particular. We were planning to go to the moon long before the public was paying attention to Vietnam.

Comment

The punch has landed

I may have been unclear. She was implying strongly it didn't happen, and the reason why it was faked was to provide a distraction from American imperialism.

Comment

The punch has landed

That's just stupid. If we were going to fake an outerspace adventure, we could have come up with something much cooler than just two guys waddling around a barren moonscape. We would have found alien monsters and so forth.

Comment

The punch has landed

it was part of the culture wars- an attempt to win over Beckettians and fans of avant-garde cinema. don't forget the CiA were big backers of the abstract expressonists.

Comment

The punch has landed

Jeanette Winterson is a fucking half-wit, anyway. That's been common knowledge for years.

Comment

The punch has landed

More birther brilliance.

Comment

The punch has landed

Oh my God, this gets better and better.

Comment

The punch has landed

Back on the original subject...sort of.

Apparently, Buzz Aldrin referenced a "monolith" on one of the moons of Mars that he thinks mankind ought to investigate. A guy who married a friend of mine and is on my facebook friends list (for now) posted something about it. He's a nice guy, but he's also into some weird libertarian shit. Anyway. All the references on the web that I could find to this monolith were nutjobs saying it's clear proof the government has been hiding alien contact from us. Because this monolith, which just looks like a white spot in pictures, "defies scientific explanation."

I guess that the nutters think it's this kind of monolith:

I suspect, that if it's any kind of monolith at all, it's something more like this, our planets most famous monolith, which scientists are quite certain was not created by aliens:

Comment

The punch has landed

Reed of the Valley People wrote:
                    Apparently, Buzz Aldrin referenced a "monolith" on one of the moons of Mars that he thinks mankind ought to investigate. A guy who married a friend of mine and is on my facebook friends list (for now) posted something about it. He's a nice guy, but he's also into some weird libertarian shit.
                    I love libertarians who are into the space program. Presumably, in their fantasy world, someone else would have paid for us to go to the moon.

Comment

The punch has landed

I think he doesn't believe science or something. I'm not sure what his angle is. I don't really want to know.

Comment

The punch has landed

Poll: 28% Of Republicans Are Birthers, 30% Undecided

Comment

The punch has landed

(via Krugman)

Comment

Working...
                          X