Higher education - go me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I opened my mail to find that my Birkbeck University degree application has been accepted. I've been offered a place on a four-year, part-time BSc Environmental Management programme.

I shudder to think what the workload will be like should I manage to get a job as well, but I'm excited nonetheless, and OTF seems like a nice place to share it.

I'd put a smiley thing here if we had them!

Nice one and congrats on your 1000th post.

Comment

Congratulations, DM.

Is it normal in the UK that you only find out in July where you're going to school in September? That seems like very short notice.

Comment

Actually, I think it is normal, but someone who went through the standard UCAS application procedure would be able to tell you for sure.

Birkbeck is different, it's specifically geared towards part-time study for adults. This course runs from October to April, with lectures two evenings a week.

Comment

Hold on, I was accepted for an Education Degree at Bath Spa University starting in September and didn't post as I thought we didn't do that.

Now it means nothign as it looks like I am jumping on your coat-tails. It's not fair, I tell you. I passed my Access course with the most credits of anyone as well. Ah, bollocks to it.

Congratulations

Harumph

Comment

To answer seriously, I got my offer a couple of months ago and am waiting for my acceptance letter now

Comment

My niece, who to all intents and purposes left school ten years ago at the age of fourteen, has just been accepted at Bath Spa to do Creative Writing or something.

Comment

Does she live in Bath?

Comment

No, so I suppose she's going to have to move there.

Comment

I only wondered as, if she had, she might have done the same course as me.

I will look out for her

Comment

Antonio Gramsci wrote:
                      Congratulations, DM.

Is it normal in the UK that you only find out in July where you're going to school in September? That seems like very short notice.
                      Most UK students get into university through doing A-Levels. The results for these are usually in the middle of August. Most universities start in the last week of September or first week of October. So you usually get about 5 or 6 weeks. But bear in mind that students can only hold offers from two universities, so you have a pretty good idea of where you are going. Unless you fail to make your grades and go through the clearing process, then you could end up anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X