Have you already had "Swine Flu"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why would you not get the H1N1 vaccine if H1N1 is "only as bad" as the regular flu?

I think his reasoning is connected to the possibility of mutation. If the vaccine is taken up significantly, but not sufficiently to protect "the herd" (and like WoM I wish I'd have asked how exactly that is defined,) then the virus may mutate in order to protect itself. I think in the background is what has happened with anti-biotics, sooner or later flu vaccines will cease to be effective.

Comment

Well, I think I've got it. That is, I had my seasonal flu shot around a month ago but have been run over and flattened by something this afternoon.

Comment

I am in the high risk category due to religious consumption of immuno-suppressants over the last few years and have been offered the shot in the next couple of weeks. I'm wondering whether it's a good idea, seeing as since the epidemic broke out I've been the healthiest I've ever been in my life. I understand that the vaccine can make you feel terrible for a long time too and my intuition is telling me to think hard about not getting it.

My intuition could also be being a dickhead.

Comment

Working...
        X