Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Cameron twat

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8158052.stm

Apparently Brian Haw makes Parliament Square look a mess. I don't think there's a right to camp wherever you want forever. If he were in the middle of Stourhead or in some beauty spot, I'd be for evicting him. But he isn't. He's in the middle of a traffic island that is almost impossible to reach without getting killed.

If Cameron cares about the square, he should pedestrianise it. It would be one of the great civic spaces in the world.

David Cameron twat

I wouldn't be for evicting him even from a beauty spot to be honest. His protest isn't that unsightly. I believe we could tolerate it.

Comment

David Cameron twat

I agree that Haw's protest should be tolerated, but unfortunately he doesn't help his cause much by actually being a bit of a dick.

Comment

David Cameron twat

"I am all for demonstrations, but my argument is `Enough is enough'."
        What the fuck? Debating tactics straight out of the Daily Mail. "When will this PC nonsense end?"

Parliment sqaure is fucking awful, but it's got nothing to do with Brian Haw and everything to do with the plans Boris shelved to pedestrianise it. Seriously, he's meant to be
        too noisy and an eyesore
        sitting in the middle of three lane roundabout? Aye right.

As an aside, anyone know why Madela's the only statue not on a plinth down there?

Comment

David Cameron twat

I probably didn't mean beauty spot as in some nice bit of countryside, more something like a planned garden, like Kew perhaps or Hampton Court's gardens. There's no reason why the protest would have to be there, so he could be moved.

As Workingstiff says, it's a shithole down in Parliament Square. I didn't know plans had got far enough to for Johnson to shelve them. No surprise there though.

Comment

David Cameron twat

As Workingstiff says, it's a shithole down in Parliament Square. I didn't know plans had got far enough to for Johnson to shelve them. No surprise there though.
            Yeah, a mate of mine (same fella that reworked the pedestrain crossing at trafalgar square, which at least work now) was on the team. ONe of Boris' first actions as mayor was to ditch it.

Whether it was for cost cutting reasons or to maintain good access to the city centre for ministerial jags I couldn't tell you.

Comment

David Cameron twat

I expect security was wheeled out as the official reason.

Comment

Working...
              X