Thursday's Elections - boring ones outside London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I will be voting Liberal Democrat for the first time in my life. Not because of any sudden conversion to the world of opportunistic fence-sitting, but because it's either Lib Dem or Tory in my part of West Oxfordshire.

I might have to get used to this.

I am not sure that I get a vote, because Dorset isnt sure whether its Hampshire or not (Bournemouth part), but I will wholeheartedly be voting any version of Labour, cos I am a twat.

Now if the Left List were down here, I would have a think about them, because I hear that Kris person is a nice guy, although Carphone Warehouse have an option, so...

Comment

Oxford apparently bucked the nationwide trend - Labour adding four councillors to their total, with the Tories losing both theirs.

Comment

Indeed, and for the first time since about 1979 I consciously refused to vote (there have been elections when I've been out of the country or, at local level, plain forgot, but this was the first time I was around, aware, and deliberately refrained). Basically, having met two of the prospective candidates (Lab and Green) and read their literature and that of the Lib Dems, I was still totally unable to tell the difference between any of them - as far as I could ascertain, they all had identical policies on planning, environment, waste, and every other issue. I really didn't see the point. No IWCA candidate in my ward either, so I stayed home instead.

Comment

I really didn't see the point.
          Civic responsibility? The opportunity to exercise a right that billions can't?

Comment

Working...
          X