We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is fantastic. It's like watching the Harlem Globetrotters taking on the cast of Time Bandits.

Comment

Janik wrote: Some sympathy for Julio Cesear. A goalie losing 7-0 and he has done nothing at all wrong.
      Apart from, if we're really critical, the second goal where he could have pushed it wider to prevent Klose following in so easily. But he's been exposed so often, you can *almost* excuse him that.

Comment

TOUCHDOWN!

CAN THEY MAKE THE EXTRA POINT???

Comment

Now it reminds me to the Saudi-Arabia match in 2002. Germany won 8-0 and I was angry because they missed at least 10 more goals.

Comment

Is this now Brazil's record defeat?

Comment

Luiz Gustavo appears to be on the verge of breaking down and weeping.

Comment

Well, the Brazilians wanted to forget the "Maracanazo", I think this could do the job.

Comment

Has garcia been in?

Comment

Selected Ambient Works 85-92 wrote: Costa played three times for Brazil before signing for Spain.
                    You're right; I'd blanked that out.

I think it was two times, actually, but your point still stands.

Comment

The quarter-finals were all a bit "meh", and we wondered if this World Cup had gone stale.

I think it's just sprung back to life now. I don't think anyone will ever forget this semi-final for as long as a ball is being kicked around a park.

Comment

I was just thinking about that Saudi Arabia game - although for some reason I thought it was Italy who won 8-0 - and was thinking "It's great thst there's more parity now and no more ass-whippings like that."

Comment

The MLS Twitter account, which brags about any tangential relationship to the league in any game, has largely been silent about Julio Cesar.

Comment

Shall we start a poll for Brazil's new kit?

Comment

How many of this lot will ever play for Brazil again?

Comment

The pre-game on ESPN in the USA had a segment with the lead writer or anchor (maybe he writes for their Web site) from ESPN Brazil. He said that his sense was that Brazil fans would be ok with a loss to Germany because Silva is out and Neymar is out and this is a really good German side that has at least qualified for every major semi-final since 2006. But he couldn't have been expecting this kind of result. I would hope, though, that most folks in Brazil get that this happens. Every side gets clobbered at some point in their history. It sucks when that happens at home and in a semi-final but a terrible result will happen at some point for every team.

Comment

Wonder if that was what nike's mysterious all green third kit was about, flying a kite in case a new kit might be needed after the tournament.

Comment

Pat McGatt wrote: Shall we start a poll for Brazil's new kit?
                                    I dunno yellow is quite apt

Comment

FUCKING HELL OZIL

Comment

How many of this lot will ever play for Brazil again?

Er.

Um.

Ehhh.

Julio Cesar, maybe?

Comment

I thought going into this that Germany were the slightly better team, but that gamesmanship and fouling and sympathetic referees (and FIFA) would end up sending Brazil through somehow.

I'd like to thank Germany for quickly making that an impossibility.

Chile or Colombia deserved to be here instead of Brazil, and considering that Germany only beat France and the U.S. by 1-0 scores, I dare say they would have given them a better challenge than these plucked canaries.

Comment

Oh shitsticks.

Comment

There's your consolation. Sloppy by Germany, that.

Comment

You suck, Ozil.

Comment

not even being 7-0 up can give Ozil confidence

Comment

Lax defending there.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X