We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see the er, Schwarzberg diaspora are already getting behind Yogi Lurve and the Mannschaft:

Well as the song says, we aren't Brazil...

On the one side brutal, efficient football automatons, favoured by referees, lacking skill, inspiration and flamboyance.

On the other side Germany.

Comment

Germany miss Marco Reus so much it's painful. But compared to Brazil they're like, well, Brazil 1982.

The mind positively reels at the thought of how grim Brazil are going to be now that they have been deprived of their one fairly skilful player, though it must be said that he wasn't exactly taking the tournament by storm even before he got injured.

Comment

Brazil did not look a great team with Neymar, let alone without him. The only possible way Germany are losing this is if they fail to show up on the night. I can actually impagine it turning into a rout if Germany score first, and early, and Brazil have to chase the game.

Comment

How are they likely to set up without Neymar? I was impressed with Bernard early in the tournament but not sure if he really fits or is likely to get the nod in a game of this importance.

Comment

I have to agree with the G-ster that this is a very tough match for Germany.

Brazil has the element of surprise and no more pressure to win.

They can go Full Foul Fake Phil.

And you know, they're undefeated against Germany in the World Cup.

Comment

In one game (a final, admittedly).

Comment

Rogin o adepto de sofá wrote: Brazil did not look a great team with Neymar, let alone without him. The only possible way Germany are losing this is if they fail to show up on the night. I can actually impagine it turning into a rout if Germany score first, and early, and Brazil have to chase the game.
                Thats a big call isn't it? Germany have managed all of 2 goals total in the 90 minutes of normal time of their previous 3 matches. Its not like France weren't chasing for the majority of the game either.

Comment

Yes, but France were being frustratingly patient, to the extent of appearing not to even bloody care if they equalized or not. I can imagine Brazil getting much more desperate if the mood in the stadium reaches "screaming with anxiety" levels.

Comment

Brazil were OK in the first halves against Chile and Colombia but woeful in the second. I don't think Brazil can get back into this if they fall behind. OTOH Germany don't have that much up front.

I could see Germany being dominant but Brzil somehow clinging on through to penalties (rather like Holland v CR)

Comment

Germany have the better players overall, but Brazil has more personality. Even the three stooges at the back, David Luiz, Marcelo, and Dani Alves impose themselves on proceedings (granted, in the same way that drunks back from he pub impose themselves, but they are an imposition nonetheless). Then I look at the gifted Mesut and wonder if he's really got the stomach for it, if the fight offends his sense of the aesthetic.

With Oezil, Goetze, and Kroos in the team, there are too many beautiful wallflowers to beat Curly, Larry, and Moe's brand of chaotic, self-righteous ignorance. These guys can't freeze because they're not remotely self-aware. Hence their hair.

The Germans, though, could well flatter to deceive. Kroos is a fine player, but he lacks personality, the ability to dominate a game. This Brazil is there for the taking, but I'm not sure that his German generation is a winning one. They're not bloody-minded enough. Brazil, meanwhile, will sell their I Belong to Jesus t-shirts to win. Germany need to make it about ability, but without Marco Reus I'm not sure they are so much better than the Brazilians to compensate adequately for the deficit of desire.

Comment

Germany seem to wobble when teams come at them with pace, as Ghana did and, sporadically, Algeria did on the break too. Brazil's manic, largely inelegant, English-style frenzied attacking could unsettle them too.

Comment

Germany miss Marco Reus so much it's painful. But compared to Brazil they're like, well, Brazil 1982.
                          I wouldn't go that far...

Comment

Maybe the loss of Neymar will free the rest of the Brazil team to express themselves, as they can't rely on a wunderkind to score the goals or create the chances for them.

Comment

Dunga Garrincha de Ipanema wrote: I see the er, Schwarzberg diaspora are already getting behind Yogi Lurve and the Mannschaft:
                              Schwarzberg

Very good, sir.

Look at that big fat Orange cunt in his Combat 18 shirt.
                              Fucking scum.

Comment

Christ. I missed that. I hope he dies.

Comment

Evening Reverend. This year's riot season looks as depressing as ever (someone just mailed me a photo of the bonfire in otherwise genteel Groomsport). Still, it shows that not all the combatants support Chelsea...

Comment

Evening Guilleme.
                                    I'm assuming that's Twadell Avenue?

You'd think that someone as proud to be as British as he is would be aware of the British state's fight to the death with Nazism a few years back?

I'm sure his grandparents would be so proud.

Comment

In other Shore Road Brazilian football news, Sao Vista Cruzeiro are off to Lithuania this week as they look to progress in the North Atlantic/ Baltic section of the Europa Cup. Local DUP councillor Guy Spence is leading the sing-song on the party plane. In an ecumenical spirit he offered to watch Cliftonville as well (in Hungary), but Big Smiffy and pals are planning to throw him in the Danube

Comment

Is the kid in the track top wearing an Adolph 88 shirt underneath?

Can you get this kind of thing made up in your local Sports Direct, or do you need to resort to more artisanal sources?

Comment

Come on now -- there's never been anyone from the Shore Road called Guy.

I'll bet there are more people called Seamus in Mt. Vernon than Guy.

Saw the big Smithünd a while back.
                                          His band were inflicting aural torture on a crowd of people.

Comment

Times change though. My extended cousins the McMullan quadruplets live beside the football ground- and they are Ellie, Zara, Naima and the only boy, Joshua. No Arabic ancestry AFAIK.

Not to forget their other cousin and future delta blues singer Hetfield Logan McElhinney

Apparently half the Brazil side attend the Rio version of Metro Tabernacle. Sideshow Bob is seriously hardcore, I hear.

Comment

The ruc have never been slow to use tear gas, rubber bullets, water cannon, dogs and occasion live bullets on Catholics. When are they going to do the decent thing and use flame throwers on these cunts? What are they afraid of? Burnt orange is a lovely colour and they deserve parity of disesteem

Comment

SoccerScribbler wrote: Germany have the better players overall, but Brazil has more personality. Even the three stooges at the back, David Luiz, Marcelo, and Dani Alves impose themselves on proceedings (granted, in the same way that drunks back from he pub impose themselves, but they are an imposition nonetheless).

With Oezil, Goetze, and Kroos in the team, there are too many beautiful wallflowers to beat Curly, Larry, and Moe's brand of chaotic, self-righteous ignorance. These guys can't freeze because they're not remotely self-aware. Hence their hair.

Brazil, meanwhile, will sell their I Belong to Jesus t-shirts to win.
                                                Haha, the thing is this Brazil team are actually entertaining in a Crazy Gang meets 80's hair band way. They actually provide drama and controversy and talking points. The rest of the sides left in the Cup are as dull as ditchwater.

Comment

I'll be surprised if Ozil plays. Schweinsteiger and Khedera can look after themselves, and Thomas Müller can mix it up too. Kroos doesn't really go for runs, so he tends to avoid physical assaults.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X