I did not watch a single WC match in its entirety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously. The bits I did see looked boring as hell.

This isnt a "going off football" thread. I am as up for the new season aboard the Cardiff City Sharabang as any I can remember.

Not the best watcher of football on TV, I had a lot on and did catch a bit of most evening games. Just was never sold enough to clear the decks for an evening. even the final, i went running during it.

The WC will always be the oasis of TV football in my childhood, the great glorious Brazil side that never won anything, the maradona goal etc.

I think the WC is not for me anymore and its not for a lot of you lot either

Comment

Is that a strawberry or a carrot?

Is there a specific phrase, perhaps translated from the Welsh, that it illustrates?

Don't get me wrong-I love donkeys. In fact during today's stage of the Tour, I shouted Ms Felicity through from the hall when a donkey rose from its knees to greet the breakaway.

Let me just say rick is wrong, wrong, wrong:

if it wasn't for the Tour de France my life would be an empty, meaningless shell now- that's how much I miss the World Cup.

I picked up my winnings today (I found the slip, for those who were paying attention elsewhere-Holland each-way: best £200 I ever lost, cheering on Spain in the final) and the bookies had a chart up behind the counter which had mini players' shirts illustrating how far various regulars/staff had got in their sweep/predictions/whatever and I eyed it, nostalgically and said to the youngish guy behind the counter:

"All over for another 4 years, eh? Back to 'gi's a fiver on Carroll to score a hat-trick kidder' from now on".

He looked me straight in the eyes and replied, grimly: 'You bastard'

Comment

Working...
      X