Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mertesacker Emptiness

Gambrinus wrote:
    Superb! Best thing on this board outside of the Wing Commander.

Best bit:
    Deisler, Weber, Fischer, Brehme
    Effenberg, Kleff, Flohe, Enke, Wagner, Wimmer
    Grosskreutz, Hamann, Thon, Fritz
    Hieronymus, Kurany, Linke, Manglitz
    I didn't spot Hieronymus initially and was erroneously convinced SR had made him up, possibly as a set-up for a "Boche" gag.

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

Right, this really isnt fair:

Other half wakes up and goes (and this is important, because he knows more Manics than I do)..,#Coffee and loneliness, Mertesacker emptiness#

Bastard has been reading this forum... AGAIN!

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

I've only just seen this, brilliant stuff!

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

Send it into Baker.

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

Spijrmijnt Rhijno wrote:
            If I'm gonna be honest, it took three separate runs at it on three different days, plus about an hour researching the surnames of every player in every German squad in every tournament since 1960 beforehand
            Ah. Is that why my "Under neon Lionel Messi..." thread title was met by an anguished cry of "You bastard, Mumpo"?

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

I can't get this song out of my head now. Fairly annoying, as I don't know the actual lyrics.

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

Ladysmith Black Mumpozo wrote:
                Spijrmijnt Rhijno wrote:
                If I'm gonna be honest, it took three separate runs at it on three different days, plus about an hour researching the surnames of every player in every German squad in every tournament since 1960 beforehand
                Ah. Is that why my "Under neon Lionel Messi..." thread title was met by an anguished cry of "You bastard, Mumpo"?
                Nah, that was because I believed you were taking the piss out of me for my failed attempt to be the first to make the "Mertesacker Emptiness" joke this tournament, a la Murder On Zidane's Floor or Won't Carphone Warehouse Withdraw Their Sponsorship?

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

If the manics were to sing this version of the song they would become huge in germany. (or amongst football fans anyway) they'd absolutely adore anyone who went to this effort (even if it was actually you SR)

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

Splendid, and, as your "the making of . . ." bit indicates, "wasting time" taken to a fine art. There were far, far better things you could have been doing with that hour, but fortunately, you did this.

And yes, send it to DB.

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

Oddly enough, the first time I ever heard Motorcycle Emptiness was the day Germany knocked us out of Euro 1996.

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

(Anyone tried singing it? Its bloody difficult (but only the key, I can guess the words)

And SR, it gets better and better.

Publish and be damned.

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

Spijrmijnt Rhijno wrote:
                          plus about an hour researching the surnames of every player in every German squad in every tournament since 1960 beforehand.
                          Which tournament did Emptiness play in?

Seriously, excellent work. Even after doing the the research, picking which names fit best in which places looks like a chore and a half. E.g. political being covered by three surnames

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

frontier faith healer wrote:
                            Spijrmijnt Rhijno wrote:
                            plus about an hour researching the surnames of every player in every German squad in every tournament since 1960 beforehand.
                            Which tournament did Emptiness play in?

Seriously, excellent work. Even after doing the the research, picking which names fit best in which places looks like a chore and a half. E.g. political being covered by three surnames
                            Yeah, and I was committed to a 'no repeats' policy as well (except where one word is repeated three times in succession, like).

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

It's gone to Baker btw, via a mutual friend.

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

If he broadcasts it, we DEMAND a link (those of us who dont listen to his stuff).

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

This is soooo good, I've been showing it to various people all day and each has been more stunned and impressed than the last!

Well done and thank you El Rino

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

Bah, he did "Kroos Klose" (to the tune of Phyllis Nelson's "Move Closer") instead. They even went to the trouble of recording it in a session studio.

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

Not even 'Don't Bring Me Down'? Poor show.

The show has gone off the boil a bit since he left SA.

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

It turns out "Motorcycle Emptiness" is one of Danny Kelly's favourite songs of all time. If Per Mertesacker signs for Arsenal, I'm gonna have to send Danny the lyric next time he's on air.

Comment

Mertesacker Emptiness

Well four years later SR's work goes viral.

Congratulations - a work of genuis

Comment

I couldn't help but think of SR's masterpiece when seeing this on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/DiscusDan/status/1070816154871046144

Comment

Love it, and shared on FB.

Feel it needs the chorus though...

Friedel, Curle, Beckham, ...?
                                              Last edited by Kevin S; 07-12-2018, 18:14.

Comment

What can one say?

Comment

An dunny/Andouille and loneliness motorcycle and empty nest.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X