World Cup User Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup User Names

In celebration of my traditional-but-arbitrary flying of Cameroon colours, and in order to keep my 'World Cup username' phonetically very-slightly similar to my normal one, I am now temporarily 'Yaounde/Ville C'. (Yaounde/Ville is Yaounde's main airport.)

Comment

World Cup User Names

Allez les lions!

btw, how do you add the blurb under the user name in the margin?

Comment

World Cup User Names

Go to 'My Profile' and then click 'My Profile info'.

Comment

World Cup User Names

thanks.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Tsk. I wanted 'delicatemoth has a fab doctor from cape town' but it was too long.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Haai and welkom to our beautiful country, boy. Just a shame the Oranje Vrystaat didn't make it, but I hear they're enjoying themselves in Tierra del Fuego instead. Ye don't know yer born until pished at Cape Horn, etc.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Last time I just stayed as hobbes and told everyone to pronounce it in their heads like Torres.
                This time though, we have the Zulu for Tiger.

Comment

World Cup User Names

even if this all makes it look as if my knowledge of SA is pretty much gleaned from Bank Holiday favourite old Michael Caine filums

"Oy, sonny, don't you point that bloody spear at me!"

Comment

World Cup User Names

Picked because it was easy to remember. Given dglh had is roots in german anyway, I didn't really need to I guess.

Except Germany are shit.

Comment

World Cup User Names

I just hope I'll be able to change this back afterwards.

Comment

World Cup User Names

I thought I'd join in. |Xam is, according Wikipedia, an extinct language in which South Africa's national motto ('Unity in Diversity') was originally rendered.

And yes, I know that's a capital 'i' rather than a vertical bar at the start of my name now, but the board wouldn't let me use that character...

Comment

World Cup User Names

I'm not keen on changing names, but I think this retains it's original integrity.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Rogins, that is probably out of order...

Comment

World Cup User Names

All right then.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Maybe I'll be Jasmin Handanovich from Slovenia. I dunno. I can't think of one.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Comment

World Cup User Names

Well someone had to try this one, didn't they.

Comment

World Cup User Names

I tell you what, longer names might be more fun, but they make logging in a nightmare.

Comment

World Cup User Names

The Euro 2004 name changes were fun but came well into the tournament on the back of a number of heated threads between those who were thrilled for Greece's masterful marshalling of their limited resources and those who thought it was an abomination against God.

The pro-Greece camp then adopted Greek variants on their user names which irritated the anti-brigade even more. It was one of the rare times in nearly a decade I have ever changed my name, to dellasiance.
                                        Heh, those were the days. The only tourney in otf/wsc's lifetime where England haven't been the most controversial team on here (including 2008).

I also remember at that tournament a lot of variations on Technical or Tactical this or that, taking a cue from Tactical Genius I suppose. In an moment of esprit d'escalier, the name 'Technical Pencil' occured to me several weeks later, after things had gone back to normal.

Comment

World Cup User Names

My name change displays a sickening lack of imagination.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Auntie Brazyl wrote:
                                            My name change displays a sickening lack of imagination.
                                            No, yours is fine, but there's been a kind of entrenchment of OTF status thing going on here. Users who had the smarts to come up with an interesting and exotic username in the first place can improvise and riff on it in ever more creative ways.

Those of us who stuck with what we regarded as traditional English values of using our names are now looking ever more like hicks in comparison with the sophisticated liberal metropolitan intelligentsia. Or summat.

Wish I'd registered as Nelson Mandela like I was going to, I'd be laughing now.

Comment

World Cup User Names

It seems that 'The bad guy from Lethal Weapon 2' is too long. That's annoying.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Joss Ackland's character in LW2 is Arjen Rudd. Which seems appropriate.

Username DiplomaticImmunity is also available.

Comment

World Cup User Names

Ah yes, the guy who was "dekaffirnated".

Comment

World Cup User Names

My name change is a bit crap. I really like a song the Benfiquistas sing about Oscar "Tacuara" Cardozo, so I went with that. I was intending to go with "Deeeeeeeee Maria", but it's just too long.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X