No announcement yet.

WHAT THE JEFF JUST HAPPENED: CRO-FRA Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Fourth all-European final in a row" says Guy Mowbray. Have Argentina moved?

Comment

Was just about to post the same thing - bizarre mistake to make.

Comment

The announcers seem to be geographically challenged in this tournament. One of the FIFA announcers (Peter Drury, I think), had moved Mexico to South America.

Comment

Umtiti is young right? He looks about 47

Comment

Croatia looking sprightly.

Comment

You may wish to visit an optician

Comment

France the new Greece or what?

Comment

Would be strongly surprised if they can keep up this intensity all game long, but Croatia are looking good.

Comment

Griezmann going down well before any minimal contact for the free kick they scored from.
                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 15-07-2018, 15:21.

Comment

Dive, then an own goal. Well done France

Comment

An own goal to win it? Hope not...

Comment

France getting a lead to defend is not exactly good news for the neutral.

Comment

Mandzukic deftly flicking it past the keeper there. At the right end that would have been a great goal.

Comment

Well, I hate France now.

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                                France getting a lead to defend is not exactly good for the neutral.
                                I agree. I was hoping Croatia would score first. France has played down to the scoreline and the competition. Spain got dumped using that strategy but somehow France has held on. I am hoping for a game akin to France-Argentina in terms of goals and action.

Comment

Scoring an own goal in the World Cup Final is a cruel burden to live with if decisive. Hope he scores one at the other end to avoid that.

Comment

The third replay showed Griezmann getting clipped by the defender. It wasn't a strong challenge but was worthy of a foul.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                      The third replay showed Griezmann getting clipped by the defender. It wasn't a strong challenge but was worthy of a foul.
                                      It looked to me that he was well on his way to ground before that contact happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                        But don't you agree that:

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                                        Griezmann going down well before any minimal contact for the free kick they scored from.
                                        ? It did look very much as if Griezmann was going down voluntarily, then getting clipped while already long underway down.

Comment

First ever OG in a Final

Comment

Vida keeps impressing me. Wonder if a club in a bigger league will target him garter this

Comment

WHAT A STRIKE!

Comment

VAR ought to be extended to goals from corners and free kicks that may have been incorrectly awarded.

I thought Griezmann was already into his dive before he was clipped

Fabulous equalizer!

Comment

Fabulous equaliser. Got us a final bow...

Comment

Beautifully done by Perisic

Comment

Working...
                                                    X