No announcement yet.

WHAT THE JEFF JUST HAPPENED: CRO-FRA Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice goal that was fitting for a WC final.

Comment

France is going to have to score a goal at some point

Comment

Martin Keown says "unbelievable" more often than any other person on the planet.

Comment

Not bad for an equaliser

Comment

Fantastic goal

Comment

Perisic for Golden Ball?

Comment

Perisic had been magnificent in this half anyway, and it's particularly impressive how he maintains his calmness there to not shoot immediately with his right foot, but take the extra touch. Good goal.

Comment

This is the eighth World Cup final I've watched and only the second in which both teams have scored.

Comment

BBC now claiming this is a record number of OGs for a tournament - unsurprising, as 32-team tournaments are still a relatively recent phenomenon, and for many years FIFA refused to record own-goals as such; a Ronaldo effort in 2002 was clearly punter in by a Costa Rican, and one credited to Rudi Voeller at Italia 90 was deflected twice by Emirati players before going in.

Comment

Re Griezmann. I don't deny he was looking to win a free kick, but what I couldn't tell you is how the ref should interpret the law if the player is clipped as he is going to ground. He was caught before he had chance to appeal for any supposed foul. I'm not excusing his actions, just suggesting why the ref awarded it.

Comment

This is going to be a penalty

Comment

Wondered what had happened to our dear friend VAR...

Comment

Shit. The Tv has conked out. Over to 5 live

Comment

Very harsh decision, I think.

Comment

That's a disgrace of a decision by the referee

Comment

Oh, fuck off, VAR.

Comment

The problem with slow motion on VAR is that slow motion wipes away the proximity of the two players. There's no way for the Croatian to move his body in such a way to avoid the hand to ball.

Comment

I don’t think so, Perisic has his arm out to the side.

Comment

I see VAR is as influenced by the need to give decisions to the big teams as normal officiating is.

Comment

That's a poor decision.

Comment

I really should stop jinxing this game.

Comment

The choice of replays seemed weird to show the ref. I can’t see how it can be a penalty given it hit a French player a yard away.

Comment

France seem to be getting some “big team” decisions here.
                                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 15-07-2018, 15:42.

Comment

It's the unnatural position advice

It seems as if defenders are going to need to keep their hands at their side if the advice doesn't change.

Comment

Was that a double-hit from Griezmann?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X