World Cup Podcasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup Podcasts

Because I’ve been enthused by this World Cup but not having anyone much to chat to about it, I’ve been listening to various, mostly British podcasts.
    I’m a regular Guardian pod listener, which I think had been better the last season than for quite a few years. The WC edition has pretty much kept up that standard. The others I’ve listened to have been largely new to me. I gather that one or two OTF regulars are involved in pods. Apologies for my ignorance about that and for anyone I inadvertently annoy with my comments :

Totally Football: OK, but a bit of phoning it in at times from anomie-afflicted football journos. Less sniffy about England’s success than I expected
    The Times: what football podcasts would be like after the Invasion of the Bodysnatchers. Very England-centric but not in any sort of enthused way; they might as well be discussing last quarter’s above-average biscuit sales in the Humberside division.
    Football Ramble: Living the Ladbroke’s Life in audio form
    Independent: Giles Wembley-Hogg goes off to Samara
    Second Captains (free version). Very good indeed. I don’t get some of the references, not being Irish or living in Ireland but it’s much more amusing and informed than any of the other non-regular listens.

Two comedian friends of mine, one who is massively into football and the World Cup especially and one who has no interest in football, have made a podcast, "2 Guys 1 World Cup" which I've enjoyed. They're about 20 minutes or so, a quick burst of fun but not in a particularly "laddy" or "bantersaurus" way.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...388378865?mt=2
    Last edited by tracteurgarcon; 10-07-2018, 09:58.

Comment

Working...
    X