Games drawn: 2
    Games lost: 3

England v France
    Games won: 17
    Games drawn: 5
    Games lost: 9
    Oh, purleaaze.

Comment

My name change is with regard to the nation whom I feel will win, and I wanted to win.

Also, fuck England... HOWEVER, I want them to do really well, and score at least twice, before being...

Nah, I honestly couldn't give a fuck.

I like PPV. I like England. ROBOTWARS!

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
        But where is the word from? Many Balkan countries and Turkey have a spirit that they call something derived obviously from the same word - Rakija (Croatia and Bosnia), Rakı (Turkey), ракия (Bulgaria), Rakia (Greece and Albania), ракија (Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia) . In Romania, ţuică is sometimes called răchie.

But though the word may have been spread by the Ottomans (or it may not, i have no idea), that doesn't mean it's a Turkish word originally. It could just as easily come from what is now Croatia.
        Raki is probably a derivative of the Arabic word for the same drink, arak. I guess the word became a generic designation for all sorts of liqueurs in the Balkans.

Comment

Originally posted by linus View Post
          Raki is probably a derivative of the Arabic word for the same drink, arak. I guess the word became a generic designation for all sorts of liqueurs in the Balkans.
          OED has the ultimate derivation Arabic ʿaraq sweat, juice, especially in ʿaraq at-tamr ‘the (fermented) juice of the date,’ whence extended to all sorts of fermented beverages.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
            Arak is a dangerous drink! Goes down easy.
            soon to be renamed, Neymar.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemin-de-fairy View Post
              My name change is with regard to the nation whom I feel will win, and I wanted to win.

Also, fuck England... HOWEVER, I want them to do really well, and score at least twice, before being...

Nah, I honestly couldn't give a fuck.

I like PPV. I like England. ROBOTWARS!
              Heh, thanks and ditto

Comment

Won't pretend that I'm very informed about the entire Scottish independence thing. Won't say anything whether it's better they were or not. That's up to the people there, not for me to meddle in. I also won't say whether this was an act of genuine support or more so a provocation aimed at London. I will just put it up here and I know a lot of Scottish fans are behind us this evening, this being one reason for some of them.

Comment

Eep. This is really happening.

https://twitter.com/FIFAWorldCup/status/1017088103545278465?s=19
                  https://twitter.com/FIFAWorldCup/sta...545278465?s=19

Comment

Dalic has gone for the holding midfielder behind the Golden Balls then, probably the more pragmatic option, we'll see if they both get pushed up high enough to get into Henderson's space, if so, he's going to have a very long night.

Comment

I'm English and I'm behind both Croatia and independence. Had a nice holiday in Croatia last year, so, that's a good enough reason for me to back them.

Comment

Sterling will score but England will lose, so he'll be blamed as we were winning when he didn't score.

Comment

I got home from the far North in time!

Comment

OK, OTF, bye for now. See you when we get there.

Comment

Fox has Jeremy Irons doing the voiceover for their pro-England hype video can only make me think of Scar from The Lion King rooting for England.

Comment

These little clips from celebs and royals wishing England well on ITV are pushing me away from my neutral stance.

Comment

Gawd, the Croatian anthem is good.

Comment

The Vida and co nationalistic rant about the Ukraine was a little off-putting. You'd think they would put their Yugoslav sectarianism behind them at this point.

I think Croatia will take it, but a France-England final would be epic, it would have the feel of a last matchday of a V Nations with a grand slam on the line for both countries.

Why isn't Vardy playing, is he injured or just not deemed good enough to start?

Comment

FUCKING GET IN!

Comment

What a start. Get in there.

Comment

Welp

Comment

Wooooooooohoooooooo!

Comment

Well taken free kick.

Comment

What was the keeper doing? Terrible positioning.

Comment

So I just found out that the telly in the pub down the road is about one second ahead of mine.

Comment

1966 watch - ding!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X