How did he play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did he play?

Reportedly, shortly before he took to the field against Argentina, Mikel John Obi was informed that his father had been kidnapped.

I was told that they would shoot my dad instantly if I reported to the authorities or told anybody. I also did not want to discuss it with the coach [Gernot Rohr] because I did not want my issue to become a distraction to him or the rest of the team on the day of such an important game. As much as I wanted to discuss it with the coach, I could not.
    Holy fuck. How did he manage to play?

His dad has been released but needed emergency surgery for torture injuries.

Jesus!

Comment

I recall that Mikel was interviewed after the game and was in a very bad state, which I had put down to the manner of defeat. It seemed ghoulish to interview a player who had just lost a match but imagine being that interviewer now. Journos must refuse to do such interviews in future.

Comment

How would they know?

Comment

They didn't know but it shows how such interviews are morally bad by nature. A player could be facing all kinds of shit back home. This illustrates that point through an extreme case.

Comment

Well journalists have overall become shittier and shittier. Swedish defender Granqvist, they are expecting a baby any day now and he's been asked before the world cup, during the world cup, whether he will head home, how he will deal with it and..... just shut the fuck up and don't ask anymore. It's his family, his kid, not yours. Just don't fucking ask you idiot. Do I call you up and ask which boy you wanked off in 6th grade?

Comment

Different question altogether. A football player at the World Cup is a public figure. The public is interested in the answer to these questions. Granqvist can answer them, or he can politely decline to do so. But he can't complain that he is being asked.

Comment

Working...
              X