Yorkshireman with England World Cup winner tattoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yorkshireman with England World Cup winner tattoo

Mrs Thistle has just shown me a BBC video clip of a guy from Yorkshire who has had an England World Cup Winners 2018 tattoo inked on his stomach.

He claims to have had an "epiphany" during the Panama game and God told him if he got it inked, England would bring the trophy home.

I can't decide if he has pranked the BBC or not. If he has then he is a very good actor because he seemed convincingly mad.

That's nearly - but not quite as bad - as that advert with the absolute bellend getting a World Cup Winners 2018 tattoo. I hope car sales drop exponentially.

Comment

Here's the link

Confident England fan gets 'World Cup winners' tattoo - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-44648788

Comment

Yeah, that's him. That's the one I mentioned in the other thread Swedish telly visited.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          Mrs Thistle has just shown me a BBC video clip of a guy from Yorkshire who has had an England World Cup Winners 2018 tattoo inked on his stomach.

He claims to have had an "epiphany" during the Panama game and God told him if he got it inked, England would bring the trophy home.

I can't decide if he has pranked the BBC or not. If he has then he is a very good actor because he seemed convincingly mad.
          The way he pronounces ‘tattoo’ sounds Geordie to me, Convincing me that he’s a north-eastern prankster who’s gone to great lengths to besmirch the good name of we Leeds folk.

Comment

Anyone who gets something permanently tattooed on themselves because they thought it was funny, or looked cool, or was something they were into at the time, is a complete tool anyway. It's the equivalent of buying a Nirvana T-shirt in 1993 and never, ever being able to wear any other T-shirt, ever, for the rest of your entire life.

Comment

Does the T-shirt still fit, R?

Comment

The things people do for their 15 mins in the spotlight.

Comment

I'm hoping that PPV doesn't get a CR on his left buttock and ATIA on his right,

Comment

You bastard, I actually had to clean shit off my keyboard here.

Comment

I'm stealing that to mess with a mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                        That's nearly - but not quite as bad - as that advert with the absolute bellend getting a World Cup Winners 2018 tattoo. I hope car sales drop exponentially.
                        The only thing that could even partially redeem this campaign is if, when England get kicked out, the next advert shows the bellend leaving the tattoo removal parlour whilst the receptionist says to him, "that's sorted, I've booked you in for your next appointment in 2020".

Comment

Feel sorry for the old guy with Scotland World Champions 1978 on his wrinkled arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                            Anyone who gets something permanently tattooed on themselves because they thought it was funny, or looked cool, or was something they were into at the time, is a complete tool anyway. It's the equivalent of buying a Nirvana T-shirt in 1993 and never, ever being able to wear any other T-shirt, ever, for the rest of your entire life.
                            Take your point, but I'd say it's considerably worse than that.

I mean, at least Nirvana 'were' cool.

Comment

Nirvana were never cool, even though they had a bassist Croatian. They were shit and I blame them 50 year old yuppies are commuting on their fucking skateboard to work.

Comment

You live in an odd environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                                  They were shit and I blame them 50 year old yuppies are commuting on their fucking skateboard to work.
                                  Leave WOM out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                    You live in an odd environment.
                                    It's all your fault. You are the environment.

Comment

Who's WOM?

Comment

If Nirvana were shit, how bad were Oasis? But as with punk, there was nowhere else to go after the initial impact, except repeat, which Cobain opted not to do. That gives him some cool points.

Comment

Oasis is the biggest yawn in musical history.

Comment

It's also reasonably clear that Nirvana never intended for, and were never comfortable or happy with their popularity amount hipsters (OK, maybe Grohl was after that but the Aberdeen pair, whose band it originally was, were not). They may have appealed to comfortable middle class kids, and came through a city with the reputation for exemplifying that culture, but they were not Seattle natives nor really part of that culture. That latch on to them due to their talent, not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                              If Nirvana were shit, how bad were Oasis? But as with punk, there was nowhere else to go after the initial impact, except repeat, which Cobain opted not to do. That gives him some cool points.
                                              So,instead of exploring other musical styles or sitting at home enjoying his money he killed himself,that's a strange definition of "cool"

Comment

Cool among certain people. I'm not advocating it. Should have put the word in quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                                                  Who's WOM?
                                                  An OTF Hall of Famer - mostly comments in World.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X