• Show
Clear All

Should Be The Final? QF2 - BRZ-BEL

It really should...

No, France v Uruguay should.

Comment

No Uruguay v Croatia should

Comment

Or widen the field to include qualifiers. My vote goes to France- Luxembourg

Comment

Can I have Bolivia v Luxembourg? Just to see #BOLLUX

[fnarr fnarr]

Comment

Hard to judge its importance before it's been played. The winner might just be fodder for France or Uruguay on their path to the trophy.

I initially favoured Belgium but when you logically weigh up attack v defence, the weak link is Belgium's back line. This Brazil team also reminds me of the 1994 one and this game resembles their QF v Holland which they won 3-2 IIRC.

Comment

I agree. Bit more composure with the final pass in front of goal and Mexico could have had a couple in the first fifteen minutes of their game. Brazil's defence are solid, sure, but not invulnerable. France, in particular, I think could tear through them. As for Belgium, they look like they have to go to plan B, codename Fellaini, to get going. It's as if they want to play like 1970s Holland at the cost of winning, until they realize they need to actually win as well.

Comment

Would be unwise to start with Fellaini though. His value is as shock sub.

Comment

Think Belgium will win this. Second talent-filled European team managed by someone who doesn't really know what they are doing but who gets saved by his players to beat a South American team managed by a real coach today

Comment

It's Belgium's to lose because they have a bit more quality but if Japan can score two against them, Brazil can get 3 of 4.

Comment

Philippe Albert looks like a proper Belgian now. Good on ya, lad.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                        Philippe Albert looks like a proper Belgian now. Good on ya, lad.
                        how fat is he? The Overwhelming impression I got from my visit to Belgium is that if I lived there for any length of time, I would quickly become the size of a small whale.

Comment

Nice of Alan Shearer to take the moral high ground on all our behalves.

Comment

Comment

Good of Jonathan Pearce to remind us that this is the FA Cup Quarter Final there.

Comment

Where did the Moustache go? I saw some truly fantastic moustaches when I was in Brussels.

Comment

Those Bruxellois moustaches require curation.

I'm guessing that Phil ain't got no time for that.

Comment

Already looking tasty, this game...

Comment

Good flow to this game.

Comment

Belgium in all kinds of mess at the back. Luckily for them the clear chances have been to a centre-half and a defensive midfielder.

Comment

Now let's see what you're made of then...

Comment

And now Brazil show how not to defend a corner. 1-0

Comment

Own goal by Fernandinho.

Comment

That was a really well directed header...

Comment

Someone wanted to make Muslera feel better about himself.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X