AEB Scramble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    Or someone else will do the same crime to another club.
    Forgive my naivety/ignorance on the subject (and I don't want to turn this into a AFCW/Franchise thread, so this'll be my last post on the subject) but haven't safeguards now been put in place to ensure this doesn't happen again?

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
      I don't.

Look, to not want Saudi Arabia winning a single game, that was easy. They're beheading people in the country. Have mass executions and a few years ago a woman was sentenced to death for fucking witchcraft, because she was in possession of some bloody talisman. And then there's all the rest with Yemen, cunts being sneaky funding terrorism, uncivil no rights, you can make a long list.

But this shit people wanting out of EU, it's nothing. The worst part about it all is that most people now on the barricades against people who want out of Brussels bureaucracy, they were on the barricades against Brussels bureaucracy when the questions was should UK enter EU at all. Seriously, what a bunch of hipocrita. First you * shout your mouth off you absolutely don't want in, then you shout your mouth off everybody else is racist who wants out. It's a joke.

Edit: * not you per se
      Most remain voters were kids or unborn when the UK joined. Hardly hypocrites ffs.

Comment

You know exactly what I mean.

Comment

Yes, because changing your mind over time when presented with evidence is a cunt's trick. Hypocritical wankers.

Comment

Brexit was not a sincerely held set of logical arguments about economic pros and cons but an appeal to racism and ignorance, unlike the 1972-1975 left-wing objections.

But a lot of those Brexit cunts would also have objected to a large percentage of the England squad's ancestors being allowed to settle in the UK.

I was a member of the ABE for a long time because, despite being English, I felt alienated from the culture in which I was raised and still do. But I can see in Southgate and his players an attempt to build on the more positive things that English culture also contains, which has included a willingness to be open to new things and not stay stuck in a failed set of attitudes.

As I've said before, imagine if Allardyce were still in charge. I'd be an ABE if there was any prospect of that cunt taking England to a final through a ridiculously easy half of a draw. But Allardyce would have lost that shoot-out v Colombia.

Southgate is The Beatles to Allardyce's Bernard Manning.
            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 06-07-2018, 12:45.

Comment

From a fellow Welshy-living-in-England, via the FB page Welsh Bollocks -

The Welsh branch of AEB is still going strong it seems.

Comment

Unfortunately the Swedes appear to be completely clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
                  Well, I don't think there's anyone on OTF who doesn't understand the horrible nature of Tory-voting England or the Welsh/Scottish Tory, DUP-supported UK government. Or Franchise FC or Delle Alli in his adult incarnation for that matter.

But to hold your view on May/Putin you'd have to believe there's no significant difference in degree. And you'd have to ignore the untrammelled power and overwhelming level of support Putin's enjoyed for 18 years to produce the current state of the Russian health service. That's without bothering with his policy in Chechnya, Ukraine, the baltic states, Syria, the internet, etc. Or the fact that over the 2013-2017 period, Russia exported 4x as many arms as the UK. (Amazing what you can find with Google, eh?!) And you'd have to believe that you'd be better off in Russia as a journalist, a dissident, LGBT person or in police custody. I don't, TBH.

(Nor have you or anyone else convincingly shown that Tory shitbaggery would be any worse in the vanishingly unlikely event of England winning a football pot, but that one's been done to death on another thread.)

It would probably be an interesting discussion to have with you, and I'm sure I'd learn a lot, but as any kind of disagreement is currently leading Ray to post like an aggressive, supercilious cunt, I think I'll leave this thread for the AEB.
                  Russia/Putin are by far the lesser evil on Syria, Libya, Iraq, Yemen middle east and foreign policy in general. Without the intervention of Russia in 2013 there would be no Syria today, and no chance for future stability in the country, which would have been split up and gone to the mercenaries and thugs appointed by the colonialists (see Libya).

The war on Syria was planned in London, with the current chaos, destruction and sectarian strife being the focus of that project. I would refer you to the statements made by former foreign affairs minister Roland Dumas, who has stated that the Syrian project was planned in London years before the start of armed conflict in 2011. The UK/US/Israel have far more blood on their hands than Russia does. The wars on Syria, Iraq, Yemen and Libya have killed over two million people and counting.

For a British or American football fan to boycott this tournament on the grounds of Russia's foreign policy is the pinnacle of naivety. Until you get Corbyn to run your country, you simply have no leg to stand on there.

Comment

Ok.

Comment

AEB throwing out their ABBA CDs at this rate.

Comment

Doomsday scenario of ENG-RUS very much a live prospect now.

Comment

With the Russians plodding just like the Swedes.

Comment

Has the ref got a dog-shaped key ring on the end of his whistle?

Comment

Spotters’ Badge for Ray

Comment

Slightly less of one for putting it in the wrong thread.

Comment

It's all a part of the master plan.

They have a 7-1 in them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                                    Slightly less of one for putting it in the wrong thread.
                                    Surely this is the perfect thread for highlighting dogwhistles.

Comment

Croatia v Russia is now crucial for the AEB. Has there ever been a more crucial one where England were not actually playing?

Comment

Funny thing is, there is a lot of overlap between the AEB and the rampant russophobes, it will be interesting to see the dynamics should the tablecloths go down this evening.

Comment

my commitment to the anti-england cause is, i am not afraid to say, wavering massively. the only thing that could rescue me is checking social media after russia have incredibly blatantly cheated them out of the semis. come on lads, do it for louise mensch.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                                            If the semi-final should be Russia vs England, I'll have few qualms about "supporting Putin's Boys", because the British government, put in power repeatedly by English voters, is not much better than Russia's.
                                            LOL.

Comment

Need a Croatia win to prevent 4 days of conspiracy theories.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the boycotters have a dilemma now, boycotting because of Putin at the same time thinking most of us Croats are ustaša.

Comment

Any ABE asthmatics out there who could send some inhalers over to Russia? I'm seeing if I can get on a plane to Russia to help in any way possible. Carry Modric's luggage, whatever. These lads must be knackered now and need all the help they can get.

Comment

I think it's time to admit this time England is really on fire, entitled fuckwittery from fans and media aside, they are doing it in such a way that ABEism is almost petty. Defeat in the final against France i reckon...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X