Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Game For The Neutrals? SWE-SWI

Who do Colombia fancy?

Shaqiri-land vs Shakira-land if they get the Swiss.

Comment

Sir Harry Kane will spoil that party.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
        Who do Colombia fancy?
        People forget that Sweden have already eliminated Holland, Italy and Germany, so that'll be Switzerland.

Comment

Come on Sweden, not particularly interested in a defeat in the 1/4 against England....

Comment

Their quarter final opponent would like it to go to extra time and penalties

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
              Their quarter final opponent would like it to go to extra time and penalties
              Is this really a thing or a myth? I mean, what an extra 30min draining yourself does, can it really compare in negative to what kind of positive boost you get by winning a penalty shootout?

Comment

33% extra effort, especially in the heat of a daytime match, can't be anything but a problem and the adrenaline boost of winning a shootout won't offset it.

Comment

I turned on the telly, and There was Damien Duff, being all twinkly eyed, upbeat, charming and funny. What's going on here says I. Duffer normally isn't like this at all. Then the camera pans back and there's Hope solo sitting beside him, and it's clear that what we're essentially witnessing here is the exchange student has arrived from America into transition year, and everyone is putting on a show. I mean just check out Keith Andrews in this picture.

Didi Hamman has never looked more dishevelled.

Comment

Dammit, Berg! You have to score that first goal here for my prediction competition bonus! Quit fucking around!

Comment

Ah, shit, it's Mark Lawrenson.

Comment

I do think that the impact of extra time is often overstated when teams have five or six days to recover.

48 hours or less is a very different story

Comment

Berba, are the blokes on RTE familiar with her history of domestic violence?

Comment

Couple of presentable chances for Sweden in the opening minutes. Both blazed way over. Might be that kind of a game...

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                              I do think that the impact of extra time is often overstated when teams have five or six days to recover.

48 hours or less is a very different story
                              Oh, I think it can be overstated but it's a problem and certainly not "a myth".

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                Berba, are the blokes on RTE fIfamiliar with her history of domestic violence?
                                Hmm, well they all have access to wikipedia. It adds a certain Frisson don't you think? She seems to have a very complicated personal life and back story. Just to go back to the instagram photo. We're having a heatwave here, and you can see which of the three is used to the sun shining. While you can see the two responses of the Gael to a sudden outburst of sunshine. Keith Andrews has turned into a simpering grinning 9 year old, and richie Sadlier is the other response. Looking slightly confused, and like you've just been hauled in for questioning by the gardai.

Comment

30 extra minutes for injuries and cards.

This game is OK so far but I find myself indifferent as to who wins it, partly because they seem very similar in style and lack of flair, although Sweden look a bit more incisive and they won their group.

Comment

Has the ref got some kind of sub-Mohawk and purple dye job?

Comment

Sweden so often fail to spot the ball out wide that is begging to be played.

Comment

Some unusual flags behind the Swedish goal, including Mongolia, Aaland, and Gutersloh (Germany)

Comment

This isn't Lawrenson, can't place who it is though

Comment

Sweden getting the best looks at goal but wasting them.

I have a memory of Switz v Ukraine 2006 being the worst round of 16 KO game I have ever watched. This has been better than that.

Comment

Sweden just don't want to score, do they...

Comment

Ray, it does look like Skomina got a violet rinse or something.

Not the kind of thing I'm used to seeing in rural Slovenia

Comment

There is quite a few decent chances, being missed by staggering margins.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X