BRAMEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BRAMEX

Not a Transylvanian foreign currency dealing company (they originally wanted Dracex or Vladex, but it was taken), but today's first event

Mexico have just elected an extremely positive sounding left wing government dedicated to cracking down on corruption and poverty. Meanwhile Brazil's government of similar provenance was defeated in an effective coup a couple of years ago.

Can't see beyond a Brazil victory to be honest, but to celebrate Mexico's new found progressive government I shall be cheering them all the way (despite not having the visceral Brazil hatred of several members on here).

Yep, I like Mexico but they looked decidedly shoddy vs Sweden: I suspect Brazil will prevail with tread to spare. (But please - spare us another shoot-out.)

Bramex sounds like a dodgy US athlete's foot remedy*.

(*Why dodgy US athletes need their own foot remedies...etc [cont'd page 48])

Comment

¡Vamos El Tri!

4 previous winners down (okay, 3, Italy weren't even here), 4 to go. ¡Vamos México!

Comment

Jesus Christ

Comment

You're for Brazil because of the statue?

Comment

Yeah, sure, that's it. I like that statue.

Comment

John Oliver was being more cynical about Obrador in an item about the Mexican elections on Last Week Tonight, portraying him as a man who tries to be all things to all people, so I'm not quite sure what to make of the election. I'm still supporting Mexico, though.

Comment

mexico

better food

better fans

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Child Ballads View Post
                  John Oliver was being more cynical about Obrador in an item about the Mexican elections on Last Week Tonight, portraying him as a man who tries to be all things to all people, so I'm not quite sure what to make of the election. I'm still supporting Mexico, though.
                  I think that says more about John Oliver than it does about AMLO, tbh.

Comment

One previous winner definitely goes out in the FRA-URUGUAY QF

Comment

Mexico is full of monumental Christs

This one is in Tijuana

Comment

High scoring score draw, or the odd goal in five either way. I just want it to be exciting.

Comment

Mexico have all bleached their hair?

Because that worked so well for Romania in 1998.

Comment

I'm obviously supporting my local team. And obviously want another Best Player In The World TM to go out. And I want the local police to again hilariously tell people in National City to not celebrate on the streets.

Vamos Mexico.

Comment

There's something magical about two properly contrasting tricolour kits ranged against each other.

Comment

Mexico went out in the Round of 16 in 1994, 1998, 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2014.

Can they make it seven in a row?

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                  Mexico have all bleached their hair?

Because that worked so well for Romania in 1998.
                                  Only a couple of them. Hype over nothing.

As you were.

Comment

Chicarito is 30?

Could have sworn he is still 24/25.

Comment

Is Márquez the oldest outfield WC starter now?

Comment

Break wasted by Mexico there.

Comment

Mexico are bloody swarming around Brazil whichever team has the ball.
                                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 02-07-2018, 14:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                                            Mexico are bloody swarming around Brazil when either team has the ball.
                                            And only 33 degrees in Samara.

Comment

A little more decisive in the final third and Brazil could be in trouble here...

Comment

Are there many who played in the 2012 Olympic final, which was won by Mexico?

Comment

Already much better than both yesterdays combined.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X