Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pietro Paolo Virdis
    replied
    If Germany can go out against South Korea, Spain can go out here.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Worst game of the tournament apart from France v Denmark?

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    Strange that Spain scored three in the first game but have been toothless with the final ball since then. Nothing from Costa.

Perhaps the loss of the coach has kicked in after the false dawn of the first game?
    They've probably also been instructed to slow the game down and control possession better after conceding on the counter in the Portugal game and the decider with Morocco.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
    There are some games (like both of yesterday's) where you're willing the game to go to extra time. This is not one of them.
    Wake me up when the pens start.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Strange that Spain scored three in the first game but have been toothless with the final ball since then. Nothing from Costa.

Perhaps the loss of the coach has kicked in after the false dawn of the first game?

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    There are some games (like both of yesterday's) where you're willing the game to go to extra time. This is not one of them.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Is a fourth sub allowed in extra time in this tournament?

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    One rather feels that Russia just don't have the quality to do anything here.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Very much so

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    This is a really dull game, accentuated by how good both of yesterday's were.

Leave a comment:

• Pietro Paolo Virdis
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Spain are disappointing enough but every post from PPV getting increasingly frenzied in the hate serves as a hope that they win. I'm looking forward to the level of insanity when they grind out a 1-0 against Croatia in the quarters
    We're not past Denmark yet.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Dzubya off, at 1-1? Okay...

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Spain are disappointing enough but every post from PPV getting increasingly frenzied in the hate serves as a hope that they win. I'm looking forward to the level of insanity when they grind out a 1-0 against Croatia in the quarters

Leave a comment:

• Pietro Paolo Virdis
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Mrs Thistle has said she's supporting Russia in this one. I can't quite bring myself to do that but I wouldn't be sorry to see Spain go out.
    Yes you can, for the sake of what a quarter final would be like.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Mrs Thistle has said she's supporting Russia in this one. I can't quite bring myself to do that but I wouldn't be sorry to see Spain go out.

Leave a comment:

• Pietro Paolo Virdis
    replied
    Imagine watching Spain if the pitch was the other way around with goals in the middle of each sideline. They would line up nine in midfield and pass it from one far left side to the far right, back and forth until the spectators got a cerebral hemorrhage out of boredom.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Cogito
    replied
    Something about this ref's gestures reminds me of Paulie Gualtieri.

Leave a comment:

• Pietro Paolo Virdis
    replied
    Stop holding your bloody hand in front of your mouth when talking about nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• Pietro Paolo Virdis
    replied
    There are breaks in curling more entertaining than watching a Spain holding a lead. I hope it bites them in the arse now.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Spain-who-need-a-goal are a much better and infinitely more fun to watch team than Spain-who-are-in-the-lead
    They need to realize this and kill teams off instead of thinking they still have the players to grind games out.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Spain-who-need-a-goal are a much better and infinitely more fun to watch team than Spain-who-are-in-the-lead

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
    Dzubya salutes "mission accomplished"
    That was a Russian military thing. Called the Pasha Salute or similar IIRC. Tennis player Mikhail Youzhny has been doing it after his wins for years.

Leave a comment:

• Pietro Paolo Virdis
    replied
    Spain are shit. I don't care if they score three now, they are shit.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
    He should be forced to watch VAR-tapes his entire vacation, which will start no later than after the quarter finals.
    I agree. Would like Croatia v Uruguay final.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by Janik View Post
    Naive defending if you ask me, Brian.
    I refer the honourable chamber the to response I gave some moments ago.

What was Pique complaining about? Yes his arm was up with the jump. But then it began to drop as he himself reached the top of his jump and started moving downwards, and he moved it back up again. Clear unnatural movement.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X