Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Brazil Group(i) E

As seen on TV. waving at screen.

So, Switzerland will qualify, it's now a question of how much they can muck up the wall charts.

(Yes, I just wanted the thread ...)

Will be interesting to see whether Brazil try to avoid Germany if the latter finish 2nd in their group.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
      Will be interesting to see whether Brazil try to avoid Germany if the latter finish 2nd in their group.
      I think there is way too much risk involved there. If they lose to Serbia they go out. Playing for a draw would be massively dangerous

Comment

Can't see brazil being happy to not win their first round group for the first time in 40 years, regardless of who they're due to play. Also, surely they'd rather die than admit to being scared of Germany?

Comment

Fair enough. And Mexico look stronger than Germany anyway at this point.

Comment

Don't be surprised if Serbia suddenly take out a performance from their back pocket rival what Croatia did to Argentina.
            These lads won the world cup only three years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
              Don't be surprised if Serbia suddenly take out a performance from their back pocket rival what Croatia did to Argentina.
              These lads won the world cup only three years ago.
              Yes, this isn't a question of Brazil just choosing how many goals they are going to beat Serbia by.

Comment

I'm inviting a serbian bloke I stumbled across during my aimless search for new brilliance. I hope he joins. OTF could use someone from Serbia with knowledge about the football there.
                He's written these rather fantastic pieces, among other stuff.
                https://beyondthelastman.com/author/bojanbabic88/

Let's hope he joins.

Comment

So it's Sergej Milinkovic Savic, Milos Veljkovic, Andrija Zivkovic and Predrag Rajkovic in the current squad all part of the one winning the world cup 2015.

Comment

PPV, I recently had a conversation with some friends about the current strength of the Former Yugoslav nations and reached the conclusion that a hypothetical "Yugoslav" team from this World Cup would be stronger than such a team from 1998 and at least as strong as the 1990 generation. The idea of Oblak and Handanovic as keepers had a lot to do with that conclusion.

Without in any way wanting to re-open political issues, do you have a take on that question?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                      PPV, I recently had a conversation with some friends about the current strength of the Former Yugoslav nations and reached the conclusion that a hypothetical "Yugoslav" team from this World Cup would be stronger than such a team from 1998 and at least as strong as the 1990 generation. The idea of Oblak and Handanovic as keepers had a lot to do with that conclusion.

Without in any way wanting to re-open political issues, do you have a take on that question?
                      I think only comparing the defensive capacity, this generation wins hands down. I mean, the keepers of past have been terrible in the FYR. Now, there's two, three very good. Yesterday Croatia put in the reserve keeper and he played some brilliant football.

Yes, I think putting together a side from this lot would make an outstanding team which would outshine previous such hypothetical. If we speak not only Serbia-Croatia, but all the other as well.
                      And what a bench they would have!

Comment

Well, they've all managed to avoid Germany.

Comment

But could still face the mighty England.

Comment

Comment

I mean, there is no way that they manage their way past Senegal, Japan, or Colombia in the second round.

Comment

What the fuck was that? And what a miss.

Comment

Tremendous goalline clearance by Neymar there. Shame the offside flag went up really.

Comment

Save of the tournament by Sommer.

Comment

That man (who looked like Farage)'s head was enormous.

Comment

Marcelo is in trouble.

Comment

Marcelo is about to deliver some twatball points there.

Comment

Ticos with a contender for goal of the tournament there, except that it just didn't go in.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemin-de-fairy View Post
                                              That man (who looked like Farage)'s head was enormous.
                                              That was Medvedev. There's definitely something fishy going on with that lot.

Comment

Serbia looking good to upset the odds so far.

Comment

Switzerland take the lead. So Brazil - Serbia now becomes a direct knockout.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X