Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst team: Saudis, Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia, Panama?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst team: Saudis, Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia, Panama?

Is it between these five?

Morocco were fairly solid in both their games, the problem being their attack had the sharpness of a blunt breadknife. Was opting for the Saudis, but the sheer rankness of the Panamanians today gives them the edge now.

Comment

Morocco have been better than this, closer to Peru. Egypt were disappointing, but haven't looked rabbit in the headlights outclassed like the other three

Comment

Tunisia has no place in the considerations. I'd nominate Argentina as a contender. Given their resources, they have been embarrassing.

Comment

Worst per confederation:

UEFA: Poland
          AFC: Saudi Arabia
          CONCACAF: Panama
          CAF: Egypt. Possibly Morocco?
          Conmebol: Argentina? Peru?

Comment

Egypt and Argentina I would have thought. Morocco and Peru at least entertained a bit.

Comment

I think there were higher expectations for Egypt and Argentina. Egypt because of the relatively low ranking of their group opponents and Argentina because they are Argentina and rarely go out in the group stage no matter how bad they are.

Comment

Poland are in the worst 8 of the tournament and reducing Europe's overall supremacy in head to heads.

Comment

Can we rank the bottom 8 in 25-32 order? Maybe something like South Korea at 25 to Panama at 32?

Comment

Panama clearly the worst.

Comment

Ahead of the last round at total of seven nations could end up on 0 points. Is that some sort of record? Checked 2014 and three ended on 0. 2010 it was two.

Comment

It feels like there have been more poor sides this year. However, there are groups where the two weakest teams still have to play each other, which will reduce the nil pointers, especially if they draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                          Ahead of the last round at total of seven nations could end up on 0 points. Is that some sort of record? Checked 2014 and three ended on 0. 2010 it was two.

White Stripes earworm.

Comment

Panama for me not only because of the goal difference but they have played some ugly football.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post

White Stripes earworm.
                              Sorry about that

Comment

Saudis beat Egypt on merit and Egypt were so poor that even Panama may have beaten them.

Comment

Egypt are the team that disappointed me the most in this WC. Maybe it was the Salah hype clouding my judgement, but they've been awful sadly.

Comment

In fact, Portugal are the only team with "The best player in the world" who've performed close to expectations. Argentina, Brazil and Egypt have all been deeply underwhelming.

Comment

Brazil could still turn it around. Very doubtful Argentina can.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                        Saudis beat Egypt on merit and Egypt were so poor that even Panama may have beaten them.
                                        Based on their awful performance against Russia, I thought that Saudi Arabia had clinched this title. But now I'm not sure whether to go for Egypt or Panama. Probably the former, but the latter still get the opportunity to disgrace themselves against Tunisia.

Comment

Yeah, I'd vote for Egypt as well.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                            In fact, Portugal are the only team with "The best player in the world" who've performed close to expectations. Argentina, Brazil and Egypt have all been deeply underwhelming.
                                            De Bruyne is the best player in the world, as any fule know. (Harry needs another couple of weeks).

Comment

Iniesta has been the best player of this group stage. Ronaldo had a poor display last night by his standards.

Lukaku and Harry have been about level and it's a toss-up as to which I would have in my XI. Both are proving they are great players.
                                              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 26-06-2018, 03:59.

Comment

Nobody had any real expectation of those teams, however.

In terms of a side in which one did, Argentina must be winning this hands-down at the moment. One last chance for them to redeem...

Comment

Poland were a top seed but whether any neutrals expected them to do well, as in a possible semi final, is debatable.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X