Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Squires thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The Squires thread

    Don't know if he's doing one every day, but YES

    https://www.theguardian.com/football...-2018-kick-off

    (Used Ray de Galles' comedy bra joke there, he does still care about us)

    I enjoyed Eat Pray Shove too
    Last edited by ad hoc; 15-06-2018, 10:22.

    #2
    The Messi pic where he's carrying a goat is my Big Dave's Gusset t-shirt/mug request

    Comment


      #3
      I have to disagree about the joke about USA fans...I haven't seen any USA fan complaining that we should be there while Saudi Arabia shouldn't. I have seen, however, a few Italy fans making the "who would you rather see and who would have a better chance of winning the World Cup--Italy, or [insert undeserving Asian or African team]?" argument.

      John Bolton was a scary addition to the Squires canon.
      Last edited by Incandenza; 15-06-2018, 14:31.

      Comment


        #4
        Yeah, I post on a normie board with loads of once-every-four-years soccer fans and nobody has said a peep about it yet. Everybody knows the US did awfully, people are still really mad at the team.

        Comment


          #5
          LOL, it's not BigSoccer, is it?

          Comment


            #6
            Grant Wahl tweeted this yesterday, I suspect that's where BDG got it from.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
              LOL, it's not BigSoccer, is it?
              Haha, no, Boston sports.

              Comment


                #8
                Love the Trainspotting reference. Proper dimpled pint glass!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Fabregas's appearance puzzled me for a short while but is a lovely touch.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Love the Low of the Dead

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I was hoping it was a Cramps tribute but no.

                      Ray Lewington?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Fucking hell. Every panel is gold.

                        C'mon Bored. It's a gag about Roy and Ray enjoying the bateau mouche instead of watching Iceland before a certain game a couple of years ago.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Ah, thanks. I do remember it now.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I take it everyone gets the 15,000 Mels reference?

                            http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a8...c-measurement/

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I got the 15,000 Mels reference, and I live in Argentina.

                              I was quite surprised Pavˇn was only one Mel tall, though. He doesn't look particularly small in the Argentine league, but then I've not seen him play in the flesh.

                              I am not sure I get Ray's reference to FÓbregas, though. Is that him being fouled/not fouled in the final frame? If it's from Portugal v Spain I can't remember that incident.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                I have to disagree about the joke about USA fans...I haven't seen any USA fan complaining that we should be there while Saudi Arabia shouldn't. I have seen, however, a few Italy fans making the "who would you rather see and who would have a better chance of winning the World Cup--Italy, or [insert undeserving Asian or African team]?" argument.

                                John Bolton was a scary addition to the Squires canon.
                                A lot of complaints that Sweden were in and they were not. But once we beat South Korea I think it shut them up.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                  .

                                  I am not sure I get Ray's reference to FÓbregas, though. Is that him being fouled/not fouled in the final frame? If it's from Portugal v Spain I can't remember that incident.
                                  He's punditting on BBC and wears shirts with epaulettes that make him look like a pilot or security guard. He's the "ferry captain" in the "Argentina earning a draw with the mighty Iceland" panel.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Missed this one a few days ago, need help with the Terry frame.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                                      Missed this one a few days ago, need help with the Terry frame.
                                      Terry tweeted that he muted the telly during a game where Vicki Sparks was commentating.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          "Full kit W......"

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Southgate's face is a delight there. Should I recognise the detective?

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              Heheh, I just adore the Ikea instructions for Kroos' goal against Sweden.

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                                                Southgate's face is a delight there. Should I recognise the detective?
                                                Her jumper suggests Sarah Lund from The Killing, though I assumed her to be more of a sort of composite Nordic Noir protagonist with a chunk of Saga from The Bridge thrown in, etc.

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Ah, OK, I wondered if it was meant to be a football related person. I've never seen any Scandi noir.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X