Lewandowski

Comment

Cristiano Ronaldo

Comment

Edison Cavani

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
          Timo Werner
          Every Bundesliga game I've seen him play, he looks selfish enough to score plenty and also to ignore a team-mate who could win it. So I'd pick him to be top after the group stages before becoming Germany's villain.

Own pick: Griezmann (soft group, and team staying in the tournament).

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
            Every Bundesliga game I've seen him play, he looks selfish enough to score plenty and also to ignore a team-mate who could win it. So I'd pick him to be top after the group stages before becoming Germany's villain.

Own pick: Griezmann (soft group, and team staying in the tournament).
            Snap.

Comment

Messi, in his last tournament

Comment

Thomas Müller

Comment

I reckon it'll be a seven-way tie between a number of players on three goals each.

Comment

We're not very good at this, are we?

Comment

I think we may see a new record for number of goals to win the golden boot.

Comment

You think someone's going to score fourteen or more goals?

Comment

It looks like OG's may have this sewn up already.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            You think someone's going to score fourteen or more goals?
                            Um, no. (Didn't realise it was that high)

Comment

Just Fontaine got 13 for France in 1958. Did you never collect a World Cup sticker album or something else with such facts in, PT??

Puts him 4th in the all-time WC goalscorers list behind Klose, Ronaldo and Gerd Müller, I think, with the distinction of having scored them all in one tournament. He's still going strong at 84, too. He was also the inspiration for Richmal Crompton's Just William, of course.

Comment

Possibly Lukaku. Already has 4 with Japan to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                  Um, no. (Didn't realise it was that high)
                                  You need to pay a visit to one or two World Cups of yore, especially 1954.

People scored goals back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                    Just Fontaine got 13 for France in 1958. Did you never collect a World Cup sticker album or something else with such facts in, PT??

Puts him 4th in the all-time WC goalscorers list behind Klose, Ronaldo and Gerd Müller, I think, with the distinction of having scored them all in one tournament. He's still going strong at 84, too. He was also the inspiration for Richmal Crompton's Just William, of course.
                                    I so wish that was true, but take a bow anyway sir!

Comment

Dzyuba! Golden Boot of Scrabble. The new Toto. (Guardian called him a "comedy oaf", which is reason enough to like him).

Comment

Is Just Fontaine being challenged by OG yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                          Is Just Fontaine being challenged by OG yet?
                                          Up to 10 now, I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                          X