• Show
Clear All

France - Portugal, Sunday evening football

My turn.

It's Portugal - France.

Comment

It's Division Two, not the Championship...

Comment

Only if you want to make up your own versions for things, like.

Comment

France are going to have to use their special kit for this I presume, unless red v blue will be allowed:

Comment

It was for Iceland v Austria.

Comment

France had to change against Switzerland because the socks clashed.

Comment

Then UEFA made them wear a different away shirt from their normal one because, wait for it, the shoulders clashed with the Swiss jerseys. UEFA are nuts.

Mark Clattenburg gets the final. I had an awful feeling they were going to give it to Cuneyt Cakir.

Comment

I thought the reason was because the two sleeves were different colours, and that is banned in the kit regulations unless the body of the shirt is also of those same two colours.

Comment

Borracho wrote:
                    Mark Clattenburg gets the final. I had an awful feeling they were going to give it to Cuneyt Cakir.
                    Seriously? Oh fuck are we going to get more of his lizard bonding with Pepe?

Comment

And I'm inclined to agree with GO. Whatever the tournament brackets say France are the home team and it is entirely logical and right to state it as France v Portugal.

Comment

My WSC wall chart says Portugal v France. It doesn't get more official than that.

Comment

It's a weird one, because although the socks don't clash with each other, the rest of Portugal's kit is red, and this may be looked askance at by UEFA's extreme pedantry committee. My tip- France in white.

Comment

imp wrote: My WSC wall chart says Portugal v France. It doesn't get more official than that.
                            Your wall chart predicted the final?

Comment

N est à? wrote: It's a weird one, because although the socks don't clash with each other, the rest of Portugal's kit is red, and this may be looked askance at by UEFA's extreme pedantry committee. My tip- France in white.
                              I think it might fall foul of the "predominantly dark-coloured kit v predominantly light-coloured kit" thing too, though I realise that is more of a FIFA/World Cup hang-up.

There was some talk before the semi that Portugal considered their pistachio/mint affair to be lucky, maybe they will choose to wear that?

Comment

Je Suis Womble wrote:
                                Originally posted by imp
                                My WSC wall chart says Portugal v France. It doesn't get more official than that.
                                Your wall chart predicted the final?
                                No, it fills out automatically after each game. You didn't all get the digital version with the remote plug-in? Must have been for contributors only.

Comment

I've been hugely impressed by Portugal's defence at this tournament. Cedric, Pepe and Fonte have been excellent throughout.I wouldn't be at all surprised if they sneaked this one by a single goal.

Comment

Someone said on the semi-final thread that they felt sorry for the Portugal fans. I'm also sympathetic to them. I wish there was some way that they could win but not the team. I reckon Portugal's fans are due something to cheer, they must surely be the most successful team never to have won anything.
                                    I still want France to win, but I won't begrudge the Portugal fans a long overdue moment of glory either.

Comment

I don't really care who wins.

The Wales welcome home party yesterday felt like the end of the tournament for me.

I've even sent off for the last few Panini stickers to complete the album.

I don't know if I'll even bother to watch it.

Comment

torres wrote: I've been hugely impressed by Portugal's defence at this tournament. Cedric, Pepe and Fonte have been excellent throughout.I wouldn't be at all surprised if they sneaked this one by a single goal.
                                        Any time Cedric has made an impression on me it has been for absolutely moronic defending. He seems like the very worst example of a winger pushed in to the full back role with no aptitude for it and a total flake.

Comment

Cakir was sent home after the Last 16.

I was hoping Kassai would get the final.

Comment

Ray de Galles wrote:
                                            Originally posted by torres
                                            I've been hugely impressed by Portugal's defence at this tournament. Cedric, Pepe and Fonte have been excellent throughout.I wouldn't be at all surprised if they sneaked this one by a single goal.
                                            Any time Cedric has made an impression on me it has been for absolutely moronic defending. He seems like the very worst example of a winger pushed in to the full back role with no aptitude for it and a total flake.
                                            That was my opinion also Harry. I think he's had a very good tournament here though.

Comment

I really think Portugal are going to do this.

Comment

It's been a tournament of small shocks all along the way, so yes, I do too. Portugal to win 3-2, with an injury-time break where Ronaldo passes to Nani instead of shooting.

Comment

Ronaldo to win, please. Ronaldo to win ushering in an era of silent xenophobic rage, of self-loathing and internalised fury. Of bulging eyes and tear-stained Daily Mail pages. Of foamy, frothy, guilty masturbation as they whine and moan and scream in ecstasy at Ronaldo's chiselled, rock-hard abdominal muscles and sculpted pectorals while publicly denouncing him as a ponce, a poser, and a poof.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X