Next England Boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next England Boss

Alan Shearer expressed his desire to be part of the England management team. I would second that. I would also add Gary Neville to the mix. I know that Gareth Southgate is the favourite for the job and has more managerial experience. However, I think now is the time to take a risk and with a young squad, a young-ish managerial team would help to bridge the obvious gap between players and coaches.

Next England Boss

Comment

Next England Boss

I'm all for this too. England could use an experienced head in there too. Terry Venables would be a good shout while Alan and Gary bed in.

Welcome to the board, Galeanicals.

Comment

Next England Boss

Hiddink?

I think we've done better under foreign coaches (Eriksson, Capello) rather than Englishmen (McClaren, Hodgson) recently.

A foreign coach with a plan, experience at this level and the ability to get the best out of the likes of Rashford, Alli, Walker, Kane, Dier and Barkley would be the way I would go.

There are no English coaches good enough to do this.

Comment

Next England Boss

The FA is more interested in the PR aspects. They just want a coach who won't embarrass them by shagging the secretaries Sven-style or not bothering to learn good English Capello-style. This is why Hodgson got the job, not because anybody believed he could get England to a major final.

Wenger, I dunno; his recent Arsenal teams have not been great defensively and sometimes not tactically.

They could do worse than Big Sam, at least ion being organized and avoiding humiliation. I don't think winning trophies is realistic unless the coaching improves massively.

Comment

Next England Boss

I've no idea which of these posts are meant to be sarcastic. I'm as confused as a Leave voter.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. The inevitable 2-year cycle (as neatly summarised on t'other thread) will recommence. Until Wembley ticket prices are slashed to bring back the boycotting crowds, and Official Sponsors disappear, why would anything change?

A night of gnashing every two years (or more) is no big deal, when there's the bestest league (and TV) in the world. [/some more sarcasm]

Comment

Next England Boss

tee rex wrote: I've no idea which of these posts are meant to be sarcastic. I'm as confused as a Leave voter.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. The inevitable 2-year cycle (as neatly summarised on t'other thread) will recommence. Until Wembley ticket prices are slashed to bring back the boycotting crowds, and Official Sponsors disappear, why would anything change?

A night of gnashing every two years (or more) is no big deal, when there's the bestest league (and TV) in the world. [/some more sarcasm]
              Actually, I must say that here in Australia, the English Premier League is huge, and there was a massive backlash from Aussie fans when Optus recently bought up the broadcasting rights.

It has been all over the press. See this = http://www.afr.com/technology/web/optus-defends-its-english-premier-league-plans-and-will-repeat-at-the-world-cup-20160512-gotkb6

Comment

Next England Boss

A night of gnashing every two years (or more) is no big deal,
                Speak for yourself, mate.

Comment

Next England Boss

Yes, the Premier League is huge, that's the whole point. The national team doesn't need to be - financially speaking (and what other language does modern football speak?).

Comment

Next England Boss

Lars Lagerback.

And for Prime Minister.

And King of Scotland.

Comment

Next England Boss

I wonder if Pellegrini would have any interest.

Comment

Next England Boss

Might I offer one slightly used Jurgen Klinsmann?

Comment

Next England Boss

Klinsmann is a great choice. Has played in England, loves the country in fact (said so many times on German TV), has coached Germany and the USA in major championships and his English is good.

Sign him up!

I think it needs to be a foreign coach who wants the job - who is out there?

Comment

Next England Boss

SydneyToon wrote:
                            I think it needs to be a foreign coach who wants the job - who is out there?

Comment

Next England Boss

Comment

Next England Boss

I was being sarcastic. Kind of. Appointing Shearer would be the end of England. Sooooooooo...

Seriously? Pochetinno would be a good shout.

Comment

Next England Boss

Comment

Next England Boss

John Carver, the people's choice.

Comment

Next England Boss

A nation that voted to exit Europe on racist grounds is not going to "go foreign", to quote Lineker. And any overseas coach would be insane to take it.

Allardyce would be my choice, not because he will play good football but because the priority right now has to be to produce a defensive shape that can get through a last 16 game in a tournament.

Comment

Next England Boss

Hang on

OK, OK, you can have this thread until the tournament's over... but after that, this way please.

Comment

Next England Boss

jefe wrote: Might I offer one slightly used Jurgen Klinsmann?
                                          That is exactly what I was thinking. Klinsmann was not just a coach for Germany -- Jogi Löw did the day-to-day, tactics etc. -- but presided over the restructuring of youth training that has created the current supply of excellent players.

Klinsmann didn't do the day-to-day in that regard either, but his experience in being part of that process would be very useful to English football. More so than appointing a journeyman coach.

Comment

Next England Boss

Cometh the hour...

Comment

Next England Boss

I would like to see Glen Hoddle back in the job.

Comment

Next England Boss

Mark Sampson. Surely the FA could just combine the two two management roles into one?

Or Hope Powell. That would shake a few things up and she's English.

Comment

Next England Boss

Calvert wrote:
                                                  A night of gnashing every two years (or more) is no big deal,
                                                  Speak for yourself, mate.
                                                  Well, I noticed this, at least!

Still chuckling now.

Well played, Calvert.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X