AGB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AGB

I could see them running up against an obdurate opponent and dominating only to have their lack of finishing let them down. Right now Müller is their best scorer and he's been both off-form this season and not a real no. 9 in the traditional sense. They're going to have to face quality opponents for their next three games, so they can't afford to have an off-game.

Comment

AGB

What is AGB? Is it a mixed-up Anyone But Germany (see also AEB for Anyone But England? If so, is there something I'm missing about these arse-backwards acronyms, as I've seen them written that way several times in various threads during this tournament...?

Comment

AGB

Anti-Germany Brigade

(Seems back-asswards to me as well; it has the added benefit of sounding vaguely like the Anti-Nowhere League.)

Comment

AGB

Ahh, thanks scratchmonkey, I thought it was peculiar that several people apparently couldn't formulate a three-letter acronym without getting confused.

Anti-Nowhere League would be a great name for a breakaway football league from... somewhere.

Comment

AGB

scratchmonkey wrote: I could see them running up against an obdurate opponent and dominating only to have their lack of finishing let them down. Right now Müller is their best scorer and he's been both off-form this season and not a real no. 9 in the traditional sense. They're going to have to face quality opponents for their next three games, so they can't afford to have an off-game.
            But nobody else seems to be finishing that well either when they encounter a well-organized side. The Germans are the only team I've seen who get behind the opposition full backs and create tap-ins for players arriving in the box.

Comment

AGB

They still couldn't score against Poland. If they face Italy in the next round, they're about as well-organized and it could be rough going.

Comment

AGB

Comment

AGB

If Argentina had Greizmann in 2014...

Comment

AGB

If Argentina had Conte in 2010...

Comment

AGB

If Argentina had Götze in 2010...

Comment