Eurotwat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurotwat

I'd just been planning on doing the same thing, so thanks.

The Croatian contingent is pretty impressive considering they won their group in the end. That's proper twatballing.

Comment

Eurotwat

The best possible team after the Round of 16 is quite a different beast:
      GK Hannes Halldorson (ISL, 41)
      D Martin Skrtel (SVK, 53)
      D Tamas Kadar (HUN, 46)
      D Aleksandar Dragovic (AUT, 42)
      D Shane Duffy (IRE, 41)
      D Domagoj Vida (CRO, 41)
      MF Jeff Hendrick (IRE, 49)
      F Shane Long (IRE, 44)

plus three out of four from:
      D Vedran Corluka (CRO, 38)
      MF Yevhen Konoplyanka (UKR, 38)
      MF Serhiy Sydorchuk (UKR, 38)
      F Yevhen Seleznyov (UKR, 38)

for a total of 471 points. I've managed to select the wrong three Irishmen, and only Skrtel redeems my team.

Comment

Eurotwat

Disastrous round of 16 for me, with Chellini and Rooney scoring, and no one else bar Fellaini behaving like a twat. I've gone from second to lower-mid table. Only further twattery from Fellaini (getting a yellow card in stoppage time when your team's 4-0 up really deserved extra points) and a change in attitude from the hitherto unfeasibly well behaved Pepe and Nani can help me out. Rooney should have got bonus points for being a useless twat too.

Overall, though, it's been a disappointing tournament for twattery, Skrtel and Ronaldo aside.

Comment

Eurotwat

Skrtel has to be favourite for twatball's MVP, of players still in the tournament only Halldorson is within 20 points of him.

Comment

Eurotwat

Meanwhile, some of us are pinning all our hopes now on a ring-rusty Bruno Alves being drafted in to a high pressure knockout situation.

Comment

Eurotwat

My hopes for further points lie on Rui Patricio, Kamil Glik, and Pepe. The first two have only gotten me 3 points so far. I think I'm only in fifth place mostly thanks to differential scoring, with being the only one to pick Artem Fedetskiy from Ukraine, and one of a handful to select Kucka.

Comment

Eurotwat

I've only got CRon and pepe left, but have high hopes that a ref, somewhere, finally, will spot pepe's actions early.

And as a twatball novice mid-table respectability offers a solid base we can build on, Brian.

Comment

Eurotwat

Pepe, Nani, Alderweireld and Fellaini left.

I'm going to need some kind of twatball event horizon to get anywhere near the top.

Comment

Eurotwat

You go away for a few days, and come back top of the league.

Only got Pepe an Cristiano Ronaldo left, though.

Comment

Eurotwat

David Agnew wrote: You go away for a few days, and come back top of the league.

Only got Pepe an Cristiano Ronaldo left, though.
                      Unless one of the players in a team a bit further down the table, like an Evra, Pogba or Witsel does something incredibly twatty, it almost looks like we're in a twat-off between Glik and Fellaini versus Pepe and Ronaldo.

Of course either Glik or both of your players will be out after Thursday. Will Belgium get further than Portugal, perhaps allowing Fellaini to be the twat to win the OTF Twatball 2016 title for Cota? Or will Ronaldo and Pepe finish the job for The Visionaries?

I'd add that un, deux, twat are looking in a decent position to rise up the table near the business end as well, with solid-scoring players for teams that might get a few more games.

Comment

Eurotwat

Impressed to see an Icelandic twat in Rikkomss' team there.

We're just pleased to have reached this stage of the competition. At the end of the day.

Comment

Eurotwat

9th! Just Pepe and Nani left though.....

Comment

Eurotwat

Bruuuunoooooooo!!! Twatty card bonus. Good to have you back, big guy.

Comment

Eurotwat

Nani: less scoring, more being a twat. KTHKSBAI.

Comment

Eurotwat

Well, Iceland's dodgy keeper Halldorsson has beaten Skrtel, and is twat of tournament so far with 56 points. He's going to take some catching: Mesut Ozil on 35 is the top scorer still in the competition.

Who has the fastest red card so far?

Comment

Eurotwat

Pepe didn't play, Nani scored (though got subbed out, even if getting subbed out hardly counts as twattish behaviour). The best I can hope for is some outrageous refereeing that denies Portugal victory in the final, causing both to lose it completely, and to lose it even more than the rest of the team would be losing it.

Overall the twattery has been as disappointing as the football. What is right with most players nowadays?

Comment

Eurotwat

Simone Zaza. Twatty missed penalty bonus.

Lovely.

Comment

Eurotwat

Emre Can - sat on the bench all tournament and then appeared tonight to put in a masterful display to net me 21 points - hooray!

Comment

Eurotwat

Pepe and Alves for me tonight.

A France win should cement my "comfortable mid table position"

Comment

Eurotwat

Pepe and Nani left in for me.

Allez Les Bleus!

Comment

Eurotwat

Big shout out to Mark Clattenberg booking Koscielny for a handball by Eder, thus lifting me off the bottom of the twatball table at the death.

Comment

Eurotwat

Did I get a vomit bonus for Pepe then? Or for pushing someone over and getting away with it? And surely something for Ronnie, transitioning from a player to a manager in one game.

Comment

Eurotwat

There was a nine point 'bodily fluids' bonus for Pepe, yes.

Comment

Eurotwat

Winning the tournament with Ronaldo and Pepe was a setback we just couldn't recover from, Brian.

Comment

Eurotwat

Pepe leaving that tournament on only 8 points, even if he was a medal winner, shows there's no natural justice in football, Brian.

I've never entered before, and enjoyed it greatly, even if I did finish a dismal 31st.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X